Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By intellectronik Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:41 pm
Wondering if anyone has run into any issues updating their Akai Force to OS 3.0.5 ? Keep receiving an error stating the Force needs to be plugged-in to AC power (which obviously it is) whether it's directly via USB 3.0 to a 2015 Retina MacBook Pro running macOS Mojave (10.14.6) or via a USB Flash Drive (via the .img file supplied by Akai.) Have gone as trying different USB Flash Drives and reformatting them to exFat, FAT32, etc.

Reached-out to Akai Support but, they're telling me this is the first they're hearing of this. I even tried re-flashing to OS 3.0.4 and I experience the same issue when attempting to do-so.

To be clear, this unit was purchased second-hand in mint condition a few months ago.

Thanks in advance.
By J-Fly Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:37 pm
I sure the previous owner didn't know about this problem before selling it to you. I'm curious about the "needs to be plugged in to AC power" message. Do you know if the AC power adapter you have is the original? Could you provide info and a photo?
By 40Beatz Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:21 pm
Yea you may not have the Original Power Supply
By intellectronik Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:49 pm
J-Fly wrote:Do you know if the AC power adapter you have is the original? Could you provide info and a photo?

To confirm, as it turns-out, the power supply was indeed not the original.

I appreciate the replies and thank you both. I'll chalk it up to a brain fart on my part here.