Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By frannycas Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:21 am
I'm wondering how people might go about using the Force as more of a DJ tool, where their sets contain several songs (my sets contain at least 30 songs).

I use it to play beats with my duo and currently have each track playing different elements of the beat i.e. Kick, Snare, Hats etc. Each song has different sections e.g. verse, chorus so my sessions are large and contain many clips. It isn't feeling like a very efficient use of the machine as it's quite confusing trying to navigate through such a large session.

The idea is to be able to mix beats from one song to the next, bring in and take out elements as needed. Has anyone worked out an efficient workflow for this purpose?
By jxsh ellixtt Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:22 am
I was hoping to see a reply here since I’m wondering the same. I don’t really want to have a specific order of songs because I want to be able to play what I feel and change up song order. I also have one other device midi synced to the Force that I’ll need to change songs on. I’m thinking having two songs per 8 rows and either group songs by alphabetical order or by some other criteria that’s intuitive like key or BPM. What are your thoughts?