Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Woodie Wi Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:29 am
Hello. I'm dumb. I can't figure out how to change my track order. Just got the Force the other day so I'm new. I did attempt to find the info in the manual but was unsuccessful. Maybe it's not possible.

Thanks!
By jxsh ellixtt Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:29 am
Woodie Wi wrote:Hello. I'm dumb. I can't figure out how to change my track order. Just got the Force the other day so I'm new. I did attempt to find the info in the manual but was unsuccessful. Maybe it's not possible.

Thanks!

I believe the only way is to copy and paste tracks which gets a little fiddly. Maybe someone knows a better way?
By SuperKonquer Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:50 pm
Copy paste delete Is the only way to rearrange the tracks and clip rows. But it only takes as long as it takes for your fingers to move from one pad to the next . The only issue really is keeping track of your moves so you don't mess something up. Fortunately the undo button works just as fast if you do overwrite or delete something unintended.

I usually copy and paste track to the bottom below 3 or 4 empty clip rows. Then paste them in the order I want towards the beginning.
By Woodie Wi Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:32 am
Mucho gracias.

You would have thought that would have been obvious but it wasn't. I'm just getting used to Akai thinking. Once you get what they want you to do it makes sense but until then obvious things don't seem so obvious.

Plus one for you guys. Minus one for Akai technical support who pointed me to page 152 of the manual. I think they were more interested in saying see, it's in the manual than actually figuring out what I was talking about.
By Patientrichard Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:25 am
So the vertical tracks can be copied and moved? Just hit the track (drum for instance) and copy, and then paste it where you want? I've tried this multiple times and it doesn't seem to work for me.
Clips, I can delete, copy, move etc with no problem, but the actual tracks themselves won't move.

Is this a shift function or some other combo thing?
By Woodie Wi Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:08 pm
Worked for me with midi tracks. Hold the copy button, press the track select button of the track you want to copy, while still holding the the copy button press a track select button of an empty track. Since audio and plugin tracks are limited, not sure what happens when you have already used all eight.

It would be so much easier if you could just long hold on a track header and drag it where you want while the other tracks slide over to make room. That’s what I was trying to do.
By Patientrichard Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:23 pm
Yeah, that's how it 'should' work, but it seems akai prefer the complicated way of doing things, whenever possible.

I'll give that a go later and let you know how it goes.

Cheers
By Woodie Wi Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:32 am
:) Ya, I do that too, try to use the copy, edit and delete button with the touch screen . But they only work with the pads.