Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Jan Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:09 pm
Hi, my power source got destroyed, so I am searching for a replacement.

The thing is you need 19V, 65Watt , 3.42A, and most importantly 5.5x2.1mm connector dimensions (not specified in docs) because the frequently sold 5.5x2.5mm will wiggle.

The original one is this one, which is quite hard to get and AKAI Froce sellers don't sell it. Even some power supplies sold on ebay as replacement especially for AKAI are 5.5x2.5 which is a big fail.
https://www.sunny-euro.com/data/files/f ... s-2256.pdf
SYS1548-6519-T3

My question especially for AKAI tech guys is, if a 60W power source such as this one would be sufficient:
https://www.mironet.cz/whitenergy-ac-ad ... +dp319873/

I have tried suitable 45W power supply and the Force booted up, but the source was squaking meaning it was operating at its limits. I don't want it to fail in the middle of a gig, but it seems impossible to get a suitable 65W power source replacement an Sunny seems to ship only a batches of 60 units. WTF
By Baddtaste Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:19 pm
Just wondering if you were able to acquire a new power supply. If so can you please share where you purchased it. mine was recently destroyed and I I haven't been able to find one with the exact specs I looking for. Thanks
By djweedout Wed May 05, 2021 1:51 pm
The key is Akai Force, Akai Live, Akai X share the same power supply specs. So you can use any one of them if they are in Stock,

3.42 amps
19V
65W
5.5mm X 2.1mm
By pitchblender Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:48 am
That looks like a good choice imo. I've used a 20V power bank successfully for a few hours with the Force and it was solid. It's the Amps you need to match exactly (or more) as the device 'pulls' the power it needs. I tried a 19V laptop PSU at only 3.33A and the Force wouldn't turn on, its LEDs just stuttered...

A 4A or 5A 19V PSU would work fine too. I've been using a single 12V PSU at 5A split between an Analog Four MK1 and a Waldorf Blofeld no problem.

help And that right-angled 5.5mm / 2.5mm plug should fit nicely, according to both specs, without any adapters sticking out causing stress on the internals, especially if you have it on a stand. I fkin hate these power plugs whose design hasn't changed in decades. My actual Force PSU has exposed copper at the black box end due to that thin bell wire splitting... but this one has thick cable too so another plus. The AC mains cable is two-pronged so it's earth-isolated, which might stop earth loops too in USB devices (Roland Boutiques & Korg NTS-1 are well known for this issue) and the DC cable has a ferrite ring on it too, so I might also get one!
Hope this helps :)
By pitchblender Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:09 am
Duh I may have got the specs wrong on the power plug! Some folk say it's 2.1mm internal diameter for the power plug, so you would have to use an adapter which would stick out an inch or so... I ended up getting a 2.5mm right-angled extension cable to avoid strain and I just double-checked the specs and it is definitely 2.5mm. Maybe the 2.1mm would be more snug but the Force has a cable clamp.

Will check for possible wobbly power issues and get back to ye...