Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Fess Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:15 pm
1. Weird thing...so I have two clips one a keygroup, the other a drum track where suddenly the events disappeared from grid and clip mode- no idea how it happened.

What seemed bizarre is that I could still hear every sound and note but looking in grid or clip mode, no events were visible.

So, i copied the clips and lone behold the new clips showed the events in clip and grid screens.

Went back to the original clips and although i can see and hear the events playing back now, the cue head does not move on either clip.

On the new copied clips, the cue head scrolls as it should- I have it set to follow on all clips.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a drum track in note mode, while investigating the above issue, I checked the other pad banks and there were copies of my samples on the bottom rows of pads up to banks C-F. Well, i thought they were copies until i deleted one from pad bank F and it in turn deleted the same file on bank B- like they're connected somehow?

I'm new to this machine but what's been happening doesn't seem normal.

Has anyone else reported similar or the same issues?

Thanks.
By Fess Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:10 am
Figured it out, like I always do.