Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By David Diagonal Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:02 pm
Hello,
New owner of a Force and loving it so far. Been trying to figure out how to sample/resample to another track. Figured out how to do it with the looper but isn’t it possible to just sample to an audio track? Simple example: I’ve got a synth or drum track playing on track 1. Can’t I simply sample this to another track? Tried everything and I’m missing a step or it’s not possible. Am I missing something? Any info appreciated. Thanks!
By Lampdog Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:43 pm
Is resampling covered in the manual?
By David Diagonal Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:05 pm
I tried my best to do my due diligence before asking here...read the manual and every YouTube video x2. Tried every combination of arming tracks and gave it a back rub to no avail. I’m missing a step somewhere.
By Lampdog Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:36 pm
David Diagonal wrote:gave it a back rub to no avail.

Well damn, you were no joke serious about "sampling" that weren't you?
By NearTao Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:06 pm
So... this is on the MPC Live... you may not have the same options... but this is the Sample screen on the MPC

On the MPC, you'd tap on the area that says "Input 1,2" in order to bring the list of options.

The Force doesn't have Input 3,4, so you shouldn't see that... but I would expect you to see "Resample L + R".

I don't have a Force though, so I am only guessing...

Barring that... I think there are Outputs 3,4... so maybe hook those to the inputs and then sample off of Input 1,2? Sounds ridiculous... and kind of is... but... Akai? :D
By David Diagonal Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:28 pm
Thank you - I did try that and it is a very similar operation...I’ve also had success with the looper in the same fashion.
Say I have a project with one track. That track is a Hype synth. I’ve got a simple riff going on that track. Now, without switching to the sampler or looper can’t I record that audio, Ableton-style, I suppose, to a clip in an audio track on track 2? Maybe it records to a Keygroup track not an audio track?
I’m hoping for an “oh duh!” moment any minute now
Last edited by David Diagonal on Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.