Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Lampdog Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:41 pm
Retrospective record??
From MPC X OS2.9. manual

By Lampdog Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:30 am
During count-in several times I’ve pressed pads just to make sure I was correct, SOON as recording began whatever I pressed during pre-record count in got placed on the first note.
I sometimes gotta back and erase it.
By dnkygirl Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:05 am
I didn't understand what it was and thought it was a retro count in... dah... When I turned it on I noticed that the 2 bar count in was removed and only a visual display of the count was presented. This maybe a bug... honestly this feature doesn't make sense on a piece of hardware. The resources could be used somewhere else...
By Lampdog Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:43 am
dnkygirl wrote:.... honestly this feature doesn't make sense on a piece of hardware. The resources could be used somewhere else...

Agree.
By eclipxe Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:48 am
Lampdog wrote:
dnkygirl wrote:.... honestly this feature doesn't make sense on a piece of hardware. The resources could be used somewhere else...

Agree.

Strongly disagree. Why wouldn’t this feature make sense on hardware?!? You are trying out ideas and not recording, find something you like and boom can capture it. Not sure what it being hardware or not matters here? It’s seriously one of my most used features. I love it.
By Lampdog Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:51 pm
Not needed at all for me.
By NearTao Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:59 pm
I'd probably take retro record more seriously if there was a way to comp takes... but as it stands... noodling for 128 bars or whatever... and then pasting the notes into the track into 128 bars makes for a copy/paste headache in standalone at least...