Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By The KikGen Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:53 am
While exploring a recent MPC 2.9 update, someone from the Mpc live X and Force hacking modding custom group found a png showing the **FORCE 6** new keyboard from Akai. This confirms the upcoming release of a 5 octaves hybrid keyboard, with 5 * 8 pads, 8 QLINKS, and a touch screen. The embedded software will most certainly be the same as the one already installed on the MPC/Force range, as well as the RK3288-based hardware core.

https://github.com/TheKikGen/MPC-LiveXp ... /README.md

By Patientrichard Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:32 pm
Genuine question -

How does it confirm this?

There's been discussions about other things hidden in the OS before, which haven't come to fruition, so I'm keen to know how this is different to those previous occasions.

Thanks.
By 40Beatz Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:36 pm
Nice!
By DokBrown Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:35 pm
Unless it has more power/features, I suggest just getting the current AKAI FORCE & a top shelf midi keyboard . . . .
By Lampdog Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:24 pm
DokBrown wrote:Unless it has more power/features, I suggest just getting the current AKAI FORCE & a top shelf midi keyboard . . . .

+1
By J-Fly Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:44 pm
DokBrown wrote:Unless it has more power/features, I suggest just getting the current AKAI FORCE & a top shelf midi keyboard . . . .

It's going to include magic dust............. :o That should validate it.
By The KikGen Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:30 pm
Patientrichard wrote:Genuine question -

How does it confirm this?

There's been discussions about other things hidden in the OS before, which haven't come to fruition, so I'm keen to know how this is different to those previous occasions.

Thanks.

:hmmm:

What exactly do you want me to confirm? That the picture is not a fake?
See for yourself in your own MPC 2.9.1 images.

The picture is not the only thing. There are serious elements in that update image :
1/ If you dump the MPC application binary , you see clearly that a new ACVK product code has been added
2/ An AVCK controller firmware exists
3/ An AVCK test application embedding the picture found above exists

All these facts tend to prove that this product is going to be released soon (let'say 2/3 months), as was the case on "previous occasions" with the MPC Live MkII and the MPC One. As far as I'm concerned, I don't see Akai/InMusic's engineers spending their time making fake pictures and placing fake product codes in binaries : I'm 99% sure a product will come out.

So, there's a small doubt... when exactly the product will be released ? will the product be called Force 6 ? etc...
Anyway, I say thank you Akai. For me this is great news because it guarantees the perenniality of our MPC/Force.

So please consider this as information, and make it a topic of substantive discussion and not a fake news controversy.
By Ultros Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:31 pm
It is indeed a very legit image and product code. I for one can't wait to see the ACVK in real life.

it doesn't look like *just* some matrix pad designed for clip play back it looks like a performance unit which could be pretty fun. We can easily blast away 400-500 on a MPK 261 that does nothing more advanced than the ghetto brand, or- for a few hundred more we could have a machine that we've all wanted in some way for ages. (a sampling keyboard an idea which seems to have died out)

Having an all-in-one unit would be so nice... atm i have a mess of wires criss crossing devices... mpc to mixer mixer to mpc, mpx8 into mpc, mpc back out to mpx8 the mpk into the mpc and ultimately the mpc out into my chromebook lol. It's a bit kludgy. still some of that would exist but i could drop 3 items out and not miss them.

Personally im stoked by that image lol. Think it's got mouse support? lolol (i'm kidding btw)
By The KikGen Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:48 pm
Ultros wrote:Having an all-in-one unit would be so nice... atm i have a mess of wires criss crossing devices... mpc to mixer mixer to mpc, mpx8 into mpc, mpc back out to mpx8 the mpk into the mpc and ultimately the mpc out into my chromebook lol. It's a bit kludgy. still some of that would exist but i could drop 3 items out and not miss them.

:nod: the same !!!
By Ultros Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:06 am
I decided recently I am buying one. lol... i wish they'd hurry up. gonna set up a ridiculous rig like this:

|mpc| |mixer| |mpc|
| force 6 |
By velocipede Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:44 am
If that image is real, I don't get it. What is all the dead space between the keyboard and the Force sections? What design advantage is there to separating the knob, pad and screen sections?

I really hope Akai is planning a next generation of the Force, but I would prefer increasing the size of the touchscreen and the knob screens as well as adding another analog i/o pair over adding a keyboard.
By Lampdog Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:36 pm
velocipede wrote:What is all the dead space between the keyboard and the Force sections?

If that turns out to be real, dead space is there, DOA imo.