Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Patientrichard Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:45 pm
The KikGen wrote:
Patientrichard wrote:Genuine question -

How does it confirm this?

There's been discussions about other things hidden in the OS before, which haven't come to fruition, so I'm keen to know how this is different to those previous occasions.

Thanks.

:hmmm:

What exactly do you want me to confirm? That the picture is not a fake?
See for yourself in your own MPC 2.9.1 images.

The picture is not the only thing. There are serious elements in that update image :
1/ If you dump the MPC application binary , you see clearly that a new ACVK product code has been added
2/ An AVCK controller firmware exists
3/ An AVCK test application embedding the picture found above exists

All these facts tend to prove that this product is going to be released soon (let'say 2/3 months), as was the case on "previous occasions" with the MPC Live MkII and the MPC One. As far as I'm concerned, I don't see Akai/InMusic's engineers spending their time making fake pictures and placing fake product codes in binaries : I'm 99% sure a product will come out.

So, there's a small doubt... when exactly the product will be released ? will the product be called Force 6 ? etc...
Anyway, I say thank you Akai. For me this is great news because it guarantees the perenniality of our MPC/Force.

So please consider this as information, and make it a topic of substantive discussion and not a fake news controversy.

So you gave me this response, and the keyboard version still isn't here.

Two years later.

So again, as per your post please tell us how this confirms a keyboard version is coming?
By MPC-Tutor Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:17 pm
Patientrichard wrote:So you gave me this response, and the keyboard version still isn't here.
Two years later.

So again, as per your post please tell us how this confirms a keyboard version is coming?

Had to delete the swearing from your post, just not necessary to be that agressive. It's not down to kikgen when/if Akai decide to release hardware. The fact is they put the images and codes in the firmware, this would generally indicate they're gearing up for a release. Something happened to change their mind, that's on Akai. But seems that for whatever reason they decided to make this concept an MPC 61 instead.