Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Allin Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:23 am
Hey all,

Just got the Force and when I launch clips that have a different length say one 4 bars and the other 16 bars the sound is messed up.
BPM is the same and sounds synced but it sounds like a Flanger effect is active.
This is with all clips even with the exact same sample but made shorter.

Demo projects don’t have this problem.

What is wrong?
By Allin Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:29 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:Try looking into the sync and auto beat detect options and see if it’s one of those.

Thanks i will have a look that if i can find it.
Completely new with this so the struggle is real!
By Allin Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:32 pm
I can’t find that.

Let me explain more detailed what I did.
How I started this project was with loops I already had.
They are all exactly 2 4 or 8 bars whatever.
All the same BPM.
I loaded all the loops on different tracks and clips.
Maybe that’s why I don’t have the option you told? That I did this the wrong way loading them.

The weird part is it only sounds like a flanger effect if they are perfectly synced, if I play a scene or different track clips while they are not in sync it’s not. But if they are not synced it sounds like crap. So that’s a problem.

Maybe I should play around with the Force more for a while to get used to it and discover things. Already watched a lot tutorials last weeks but the things I want to do I either can’t find or it won’t work. Same with the manual, many things I understand but a lot I want to know is not in it.
So I am getting a whole list of things that I think how the hell do I do this?

I am getting more formiliar with it but it’s babysteps.
Gotta put in some time and effort first and fully understand the basics.

Thanks for the help! Nice beat on your SoundCloud!