Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Allin Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:22 pm
Hey all,

Really annoying, when I am in browser and open a folder I can’t get out of it.

When I hit previous it just loads the previous kit/sample whatever and will stay in that folder.
Now I need to select another folder in Places and go search back to the folder I want to get.

Is this normal?

All previous and next do is load the next or previous sample/kit whatever. It does not go out a folder.
Frustrating and time consuming!
By Lampdog Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:55 am
When browsing, do you see the little white folder with red arrow to the left of the folder path up top left of your screen. I’m on mpc X, is it the same for your os? Look and see.

Preferences, go there and look through PROJECT DEFAULTS and/or PROJECT LOAD/SAVE.
By mypupdaisy Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:40 am
Allin wrote:Hey all,

Really annoying, when I am in browser and open a folder I can’t get out of it.

When I hit previous it just loads the previous kit/sample whatever and will stay in that folder.
Now I need to select another folder in Places and go search back to the folder I want to get.

At the top left of my browse window, it shows the path I'm in and there is a arrow pointing Left (the back arrow) or a little folder with an Up Arrow. I tap that and it goes back one Folder level.

I'm on Akai Force v3.0.6
By mypupdaisy Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:00 am
Allin wrote:Also how do I open a new project when I already am in a project?
The start new project only shows when starting the Force up.

I powered on the Force. Once loaded, I then selected Empty Project. Pressed Save button. Then pressed Project As. Selected Internal. Changed Filename to "Empty Project." Press Save.

1. Although I have a SSD installed and using a SD card, I still saved this one project on Internal because it is to be used only to create a new project when I'm in another project.

2. When you are in a Project and want to start a new one, simply press the Load button, then select Places in the Browser, then select Internal and load "Empty Project."

What if you don't see the Empty Project?
Select Load. Tap Places. Tap Internal. If you see a list of folders, double-tap "Force Documents." Double-Tap "Projects." Now select "Empty Project" and tap Load at the lower right corner the screen.