Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Allin Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:51 pm
How the hell can you make a perfect loop with this thing?
The encoder for start or end point jumps with 24 or more at the smallest scroll.
This makes it impossible to make good loops.
Why is there no shift option or something to make smaller steps? Or is there?
All tracks I tried to make a loop from did not work because you can not set the start or end point perfect on spot!
This is crap! You need to able to finetune!

What am I doing wrong? This must be possible!
By NearTao Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:19 pm
Allin wrote:How the hell can you make a perfect loop with this thing?
The encoder for start or end point jumps with 24 or more at the smallest scroll.
This makes it impossible to make good loops.
Why is there no shift option or something to make smaller steps? Or is there?
All tracks I tried to make a loop from did not work because you can not set the start or end point perfect on spot!
This is crap! You need to able to finetune!

What am I doing wrong? This must be possible!

Is 0-snap turned on or something similar?
By Allin Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:05 pm
That is when you do normal sampling and make slices I see.

What’s do is load a track in a audio track and create 1 loop in that. You don’t have the fine tune in that.
Reason I do this is because when sampling in a drumtrack I can’t seem to get loop on. I see what they say in the manual but it doesn’t work like that when I try. The slice will never loop.
By NearTao Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:21 am
Allin wrote:That is when you do normal sampling and make slices I see.

What’s do is load a track in a audio track and create 1 loop in that. You don’t have the fine tune in that.
Reason I do this is because when sampling in a drumtrack I can’t seem to get loop on. I see what they say in the manual but it doesn’t work like that when I try. The slice will never loop.

Change your sample from One Shot to Note On. That should help you get to looping.