Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By shosephiroth Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:44 pm
Has this happened to anyone? Is there a setting that turns on now since the update that could be causing this? I noticed since the firmware update, the first lane of clips is always record-armed now, no matter what. I can't find any settings that would make the force time out mid-song. It's not playing in arrange mode and it happens to songs/projects I haven't used arrange mode on yet. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
By Shadow Vox Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:34 am
I have the same problem but I timed it. Stops playing mostly randomly but it's always between 3 to 4 minutes in.
Mine does it on internal drive, ssd, sd it doesn't matter and it also does it whether it's my own samples or demo songs, makes no difference.
I did notice when I recorded a demo into arrange it was still playing at 5 minutes, but when I exported that arrangement to audio wav file and put it back into it's own clip as a single audio file playing, it stopped at about 3 minutes.
I can't use this thing if it's going to do that, and I just purchased this thing a week ago from Sweetwater.
I've never ever used Akai products before and if I can't get this resolved I never will again!
I will have to call Sweetwater for a refund and return.
The Force is the most expensive paperweight I've ever purchased!
By shosephiroth Tue May 25, 2021 1:12 pm
Shadow Vox wrote:I have the same problem but I timed it. Stops playing mostly randomly but it's always between 3 to 4 minutes in.
Mine does it on internal drive, ssd, sd it doesn't matter and it also does it whether it's my own samples or demo songs, makes no difference.
I did notice when I recorded a demo into arrange it was still playing at 5 minutes, but when I exported that arrangement to audio wav file and put it back into it's own clip as a single audio file playing, it stopped at about 3 minutes.
I can't use this thing if it's going to do that, and I just purchased this thing a week ago from Sweetwater.
I've never ever used Akai products before and if I can't get this resolved I never will again!

Hey did you have any luck? Seems like a few people are having similar issues:

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=210694

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxcQx9VUQ14

I'm seeing "leave loop on in arranger mode instead of set to length of recording" as a fix. This has to be the case even when launching clips. Gonna try this today. I'll report back my findings.
By EnochLight Wed May 26, 2021 5:18 pm
shosephiroth wrote:
Shadow Vox wrote:I have the same problem but I timed it. Stops playing mostly randomly but it's always between 3 to 4 minutes in.

Hey did you have any luck? Seems like a few people are having similar issues:

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=210694

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxcQx9VUQ14

I'm seeing "leave loop on in arranger mode instead of set to length of recording" as a fix. This has to be the case even when launching clips. Gonna try this today. I'll report back my findings.

The person who responded hasn't been back to this forum since. The issue is user error - they both had "loop" turned off in Arranger, so it stops at the end. Make sure "loop" is on in Arranger and all will be well. :nod:
By alexisgomes1988 Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:35 pm
My AKAI force sometimes randomly stopped mysteriously in the middle of playing a project. It happened only in a couple of projects but I could not solve the problem. I found out that in the 'arrange' setting, on the top menu there was a setting, set up to 120 bars. This was the problem for me: I figured out my project was stopping at exactly 121.1 bars. So I set this up to plenty of bars to allow me to play my whole track (like 200 bars) and this time it played with no surprise stops. I hope this helps you if you had this issue. :-D
By allreddv Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:36 pm
FYI for anyone experiencing this. The answers in the posts are correct that by turning on the loop function in the arranger the random stop will no longer happen. I am only adding to the conversation because there is also a permanent solution to stop this by doing the following.

GO to "Menu" - "Preferences" - "Project Defaults" - Then check the box "default arrangement loop" on. Now the arranger will always boot up with loop turned on and will no longer stop at set project length.

In my opinion the Force should have this as the default option and then if you want the loop feature always off you would go into preferences and change it, mainly because it isn't very intuitive as to why it is stopping until you find about the loop feature. I had this issue when I first got the Force also, a lot of it because I only used clip mode in the beginning and didn't even tough the arranger so I had no idea why it was stopping.

Also, just a bit more info to help understand what is happening. I would have also used the term "randomly stopping" when I experienced it, but it actually isn't random. What is happening is that it is stopping at the end of the project bar length set in the arranger. So if you have the project bar length set to 200, it will play through and then stop all at bar 200. FYI, you can also set your default project bar length in the same menu screen that you turn on the auto loop function.