Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Allin Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:57 pm
Hey I installed a few demos from Akai website but all I see are WAV files. And the demo project.
Is there no structure with folders when you buy a expansion pack?
And even to finish it of a thumbnail for looks.

Can’t find a good video on how to install MPC expansions on Force.
On the website it does state “Essentials or Beats required to use the expansion”
By Woodie Wi Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:28 am
I just purchased an expansion pack and successfully installed it.

I have a SSD installed on the force. I connected the USB cable to my Mac and put the force in computer mode and my Mac sees the drive as any other USB drive. I installed MPC Beats which is free from AKAI. I downloaded the DMG file for the expansion and installed it. Opened MPC Beats and went to File/Expansion Manager. I selected export and choose my expansion and choose the Force SSD. Once completed I put the force back in standalone mode and checked under Browser expansions and it showed up.
By Allin Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:58 pm
Woodie Wi wrote:I just purchased an expansion pack and successfully installed it.

I have a SSD installed on the force. I connected the USB cable to my Mac and put the force in computer mode and my Mac sees the drive as any other USB drive. I installed MPC Beats which is free from AKAI. I downloaded the DMG file for the expansion and installed it. Opened MPC Beats and went to File/Expansion Manager. I selected export and choose my expansion and choose the Force SSD. Once completed I put the force back in standalone mode and checked under Browser expansions and it showed up.

Thanks!