Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Daisuk Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:50 pm
I accidentally plugged in the wrong power adapter (a 42V charger for an electrical bike, that looked almost identical to the Force adapter) into my Akai Force almost two months ago - and it hasn't turned on since.

I've been trying to reach Akai twice since then to get it serviced via the Akai Pro website - but haven't heard a thing back.

Since this was my fault, my insurance won't cover it either - so at the moment I'm basically stuck with a dead machine.

Does anyone here have any contacts (preferably in Europe - I'm in Norway) - that could help me fix this thing? So annoying to not be able to use it. :(
By Daisuk Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:52 pm
It might be a blown fuse, I've opened it and had a look, but can't see any fuses.

It's definitely not the power cord, I plugged in the wrong adapter, which gave the machine far too high a voltage, which very probably did some damage, unfortunately. :(
By Daisuk Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:53 pm
If anyone here has an invite to the Akai Pro Forum I'd very much appreciate it. Maybe it would be possible to reach Akai through here. I can't believe it's this **** hard to get a hold of them, to be honest. :Sigh:
By Lampdog Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:20 pm
Daisuk wrote:I can't believe it's this **** hard to get a hold of them, to be honest. :Sigh:

I've been trying since more than 1yr ago.
By dryad-66 Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:34 pm
Try these numbers-

Numark Alesis Europe LTD

Unit 3, Nexus Park, Lysons Avenue
Ash Vale
Hampshire GU12 5QE
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0) 1252 896 000

Fax: +44 (0) 1252 896021

inMusic GmbH

Harkortstr. 12-32
40880 Ratingen
Germany

Tel: +49 2102 7402 20150

Support: +49 2102 7402 20150

Ive often got through quickly and easily to the UK one and no machines.

Edit-I always get through quickly on the UK line.
By Allin Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:45 pm
Daisuk wrote:It might be a blown fuse, I've opened it and had a look, but can't see any fuses.

It's definitely not the power cord, I plugged in the wrong adapter, which gave the machine far too high a voltage, which very probably did some damage, unfortunately. :(

Hey you opened the Force?
I have been looking for pictures of the inside for a while but can’t find any.

Did you make or can you make pictures from the inside and want to show?
I have 2 left hands so can’t open it myself.
By Soundchaserz18 Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:03 pm
Try replacing the Power Supply.....try MPC Stuff ..they might have it........I have an issue w/my MPC X....(no Tech support from Akai....(One Day went to Produce a track & No Sound).(tried Akai..tried Forums...No Blogs)...replaced the Audio Board)(Now the Screen Nor Controls won't work)(might have the Ribbons in wrong...don't have a Lay-Out to follow nor don't know if i Damaged any of the Ribbons/Contacts..re-installing them....So I've been waiting for others with the same problem to get some insight.....I'm starting to hear more w/the same issue (No Solution)..(One guy said it happened to his Akai Force)(Same Scenario)
By onthe1 Sun May 08, 2022 11:20 pm
Here's a disassembly video that might help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHiX1MHWmk4

I was originally looking at it to try and see how difficult it might be to do a pad mod or even just clean the contacts as my force's pads, (I’ll make a separate thread on this) which are pretty unresponsive (bought it used so not sure of its history) and using another controller to play in pats is not ideal.

Now my Force isn’t working either so after trying a new power supply I might be taking it apart for that reason as well, or I might be throwing it out the window because this thing along with my other broken gear is disgusting me into quitting music production. My computers are no better, and all of this stuff is designed to be made at the cheapest cost (why did the same machines cost three times as much twenty years ago and never crash/break/etc.?- this is why) so you buy new stuff constantly. Maybe an MPC 3000 will cure me of this insanity if I can afford one some day.
By Ultros Mon May 23, 2022 1:30 pm
Near tao is the only one whos anywhere close to having a sane thought. OP smoked the fuses. Either he smoked the main fuse or he smoked the fuses right off the board and they go damn near insantaneously to smoke.... SMELL the unit. does it smell like burned stuff? if so lol i bet its hooped..

it cant get any more broken at this point so you may as well open it up and look at the psu and main board and look for physical damage on the power circuit.

usually goes barrel jack > short trace > fuse > to the rest of the power supply.