Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Daisuk Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:50 pm
I accidentally plugged in the wrong power adapter (a 42V charger for an electrical bike, that looked almost identical to the Force adapter) into my Akai Force almost two months ago - and it hasn't turned on since.

I've been trying to reach Akai twice since then to get it serviced via the Akai Pro website - but haven't heard a thing back.

Since this was my fault, my insurance won't cover it either - so at the moment I'm basically stuck with a dead machine.

Does anyone here have any contacts (preferably in Europe - I'm in Norway) - that could help me fix this thing? So annoying to not be able to use it. :(
By Daisuk Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:52 pm
It might be a blown fuse, I've opened it and had a look, but can't see any fuses.

It's definitely not the power cord, I plugged in the wrong adapter, which gave the machine far too high a voltage, which very probably did some damage, unfortunately. :(
By Daisuk Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:53 pm
If anyone here has an invite to the Akai Pro Forum I'd very much appreciate it. Maybe it would be possible to reach Akai through here. I can't believe it's this **** hard to get a hold of them, to be honest. :Sigh:
By Lampdog Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:20 pm
Daisuk wrote:I can't believe it's this **** hard to get a hold of them, to be honest. :Sigh:

I've been trying since more than 1yr ago.
By dryad-66 Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:34 pm
Try these numbers-

Numark Alesis Europe LTD

Unit 3, Nexus Park, Lysons Avenue
Ash Vale
Hampshire GU12 5QE
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0) 1252 896 000

Fax: +44 (0) 1252 896021

inMusic GmbH

Harkortstr. 12-32
40880 Ratingen
Germany

Tel: +49 2102 7402 20150

Support: +49 2102 7402 20150

Ive often got through quickly and easily to the UK one and no machines.

Edit-I always get through quickly on the UK line.
By Allin Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:45 pm
Daisuk wrote:It might be a blown fuse, I've opened it and had a look, but can't see any fuses.

It's definitely not the power cord, I plugged in the wrong adapter, which gave the machine far too high a voltage, which very probably did some damage, unfortunately. :(

Hey you opened the Force?
I have been looking for pictures of the inside for a while but can’t find any.

Did you make or can you make pictures from the inside and want to show?
I have 2 left hands so can’t open it myself.
By Soundchaserz18 Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:03 pm
Try replacing the Power Supply.....try MPC Stuff ..they might have it........I have an issue w/my MPC X....(no Tech support from Akai....(One Day went to Produce a track & No Sound).(tried Akai..tried Forums...No Blogs)...replaced the Audio Board)(Now the Screen Nor Controls won't work)(might have the Ribbons in wrong...don't have a Lay-Out to follow nor don't know if i Damaged any of the Ribbons/Contacts..re-installing them....So I've been waiting for others with the same problem to get some insight.....I'm starting to hear more w/the same issue (No Solution)..(One guy said it happened to his Akai Force)(Same Scenario)