Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By pharaon Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:49 am
Is the USB port (the B port) used for connecting the Force to the computer and use it as midi controller, or with MPC software, like the MPC Live/One?

I can't find much info about which driver to install; and the MPC software does not seem to see the Force when connected via USB-B to the computer. Ableton does not see it either; so I guess it is totally useless except for updates maybe?
By EnochLight Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:34 pm
pharaon wrote:Is the USB port (the B port) used for connecting the Force to the computer and use it as midi controller, or with MPC software, like the MPC Live/One?

I can't find much info about which driver to install; and the MPC software does not seem to see the Force when connected via USB-B to the computer. Ableton does not see it either; so I guess it is totally useless except for updates maybe?

Like Tutor said, any SD, USB, SATA drive plugged into your Force will show up as a removable drive when connected to your computer and in Computer Mode. This allows you to back up your Projects, samples, etc and transfer Projects, samples, etc back and forth. You can also use the MPC Software (MPC Beats is free, BTW) to transfer Expansions to your Force's attached storage.

Pro tip: never, EVER, use your Force's built-in factory storage to save samples and Projects on, It's very limited and if you fill it up, you absolutely will run into performance issues.
By Ultros Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:37 pm
EnochLight wrote:Pro tip: never, EVER, use your Force's built-in factory storage to save samples and Projects on, It's very limited and if you fill it up, you absolutely will run into performance issues.

Solid advice. That dang internal storage area shouldn't be writable. Sadly it is.. and it keeps burning users.
By pharaon Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:07 am
EnochLight wrote:Like Tutor said, any SD, USB, SATA drive plugged into your Force will show up as a removable drive when connected to your computer and in Computer Mode. This allows you to back up your Projects, samples, etc and transfer Projects, samples, etc back and forth. You can also use the MPC Software (MPC Beats is free, BTW) to transfer Expansions to your Force's attached storage.

Pro tip: never, EVER, use your Force's built-in factory storage to save samples and Projects on, It's very limited and if you fill it up, you absolutely will run into performance issues.

much appreciated; so I must not touch the internal storage; that is easy, since I added a 1 TB drive in the force; and I am using the SD only for exchanging data. So in the end all I can do with the Force connected is to use it as big drive mounted on my computer :( I was hoping there was more integration with MPC Beats for example, kinda like what you get with the MPC devices.

Guess it won't be usable even as midi controller then; not sure why Akai went this route for the Force, since having the force usable as midi controller would be really a gamechanger for me.