Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By sysx Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:46 am
I'm trying to record to arrangement in Arrange mode and no matter what I try, I get a dialog saying "Recording Stopped Due to Tempo Change". I'm running the Force as a MIDI slave with an older sequencer sending the clock signal. My clip is loaded at the correct BPM with Warp and TC off. Is this a bug? Sure seems like it. Rebooting didn't help.

When I turn off MIDI Sync record works. Any advice? I really don't want to run the Force as my MIDI master and I'd rather not have to switch back and forth all of the time. I'm guessing it expects a super accurate clock pulse at exactly a hole number BPM to work properly. Meaning, it probably only works if a DAW is controlling it.
By Paulius V Wed May 12, 2021 2:27 pm
Hi sysx,

I have a very similar problem, that's actually the reason I've just registered here, because I haven't been able to find any info regarding this. I run my Force as a slave and Logic Pro as a master through midi clock sync. When I try to record any audio into Force I receive the same message "recording stopped due to tempo change". When I disable the Midi Clock sync on Force, this problem goes away. I think the problem lies somewhere in midi clock settings either in Force or in Logic, which I haven't been able to figure out yet. Another issue, which I believe is a part of the very same settings problem, is that when I start Logic (press Play) it triggers Force, but very often it's out of sync (sluggish BPM) for the first couple of bars.

P.S. When I synced Force to Ableton through Ableton Link I did not have these problems.
By nomilian Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:35 pm
Hey, same problem for me too.
It's hooked to an erm multiclock and it says it can't record longer than a few milliseconds due to tempo change. I don't know about much more stable clocks . Is the averaging aalgorithm flawed?
How will I record anything?
I can't stop it from syncing through the external soundcard clock and the midi in at the device at the same time neither. I switched global and everything off on the menu, but it doesn't care. It still listens to both syncs.
Happy holidays btw for anybody reading it :)
By allreddv Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:09 am
I am having same issue, any find a solution? The force is receiving midi clock from audio interface which is receiving it from Roland TR8-s, All gear is is sync and receiving midi fine including Force but get this error every time I try to record.
By Jwex Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:03 pm
I too am having this issue. This is very frustrating as I want to record a bunch of hardware things that need to be synced on playback. It seems that any fluctuation in tempo when the the force is synced to a midi source will kill recording. Even a erm is going to have very minor flucations.

Has anyone figured out a workaround?
By K. Rah Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:12 pm
Hey, just bought the force, slaved to the MPCX, same problem. Anybody know if this was fixed in a newer update? I won’t have a chance to get hold of a computer to update anytime soon. I’m running 3.0.5 on the force.
By HouseWithoutMouse Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:17 pm
FWIW, I tested with Force and the MPC Beats application that seeking around from the MPC side works if MMC send/receive is enabled. Just make sure you don't enable Clock send/receive, so you don't get the "recording stopped" error. MMC seeking is based on minutes/seconds, so you'll have to have both the MPC and the Force set to the same tempo to get bar numbers to work right.