Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By re_i Wed May 05, 2021 9:51 pm
Hey peeps,

I have just recently bought an Akai Force and wanted to know if anybody else has noticed audio clicks when using the Hype plugin with some presets, specifically Pads.

I have noticed some clicks when recording a clip whilst in chords or progressions note mode.

This wouldn’t normally be an issue but since I produce ambient and soundscapes, it’s noticeable.

Could somebody dial up the “Seafarer” preset under pad warm and record a clip using chords or progression, or any 3 notes and above clip, dial the cutoff down to say around 2% and you should hear clicking but not always at the same point in the clip.

I’m not sure if I have a hardware issue (which I doubt) but I’m leaning towards software.

It also happens to other pad sounds when played as a chord. I did manage to reduce some of the clicking by altering the velocity and fade knob on the filter/amp page.

I’ll be curious to hear your thoughts on this.
By EnochLight Fri May 07, 2021 12:25 am
re_i wrote:Hey peeps,

I have just recently bought an Akai Force and wanted to know if anybody else has noticed audio clicks when using the Hype plugin with some presets, specifically Pads.

I have noticed some clicks when recording a clip whilst in chords or progressions note mode.

This wouldn’t normally be an issue but since I produce ambient and soundscapes, it’s noticeable.

Could somebody dial up the “Seafarer” preset under pad warm and record a clip using chords or progression, or any 3 notes and above clip, dial the cutoff down to say around 2% and you should hear clicking but not always at the same point in the clip.

I’m not sure if I have a hardware issue (which I doubt) but I’m leaning towards software.

It also happens to other pad sounds when played as a chord. I did manage to reduce some of the clicking by altering the velocity and fade knob on the filter/amp page.

I’ll be curious to hear your thoughts on this.

Would really help if you could post a video demonstrating the exact process and end result. I’m having a hard time replicating this on my Force. Can you share a demo project where it does this on your machine?
By elstebbano Fri May 07, 2021 5:09 am
Hi,
I also bought a Force very recent (it was B-stock!).
Noticed crackles on some Hype sounds and especially when switching clips.
Installed the Firmware again with no luck so I gave it back to the store. Now I got a new one with no issues, dont know if that might help you.
Did you buy a new one or maybe B-Stock? On the MPC Live etc things get messy when you delete or mess with the factory content, maybe this might be a case at yours..?
By re_i Mon May 17, 2021 4:05 am
Thanks for getting back to me. I bought the unit brand new. The clicks happen on a few of the pad sounds from the Hype plugin, especially when the pads with OSC that modulate (not LFO)