Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Flint Blade Fri May 07, 2021 5:47 pm
I've been trying to MIDI sync Akai Force with a looper since September when I first got the Force.
I tried the Aeros Loop Studio. No luck there (though I was able to MIDI sync Aeros w/ Logic Pro)

I now have a new looper to try - HeadRush Looperboard.
Still no dice w/ Force midi sync. they just don't see each other.

The MIDI cable I have works with other devices and normal MIDI functions, but I'm going to try a new MIDI cable just for troubleshooting.

I've watched every video there is about MIDI syncing the Force.
I'm really starting to think I just have a defective Force unit or something.

is there anyone else here that is able to actually MIDI sync the Force to a looper?
By EnochLight Wed May 12, 2021 3:52 am
Flint Blade wrote:I've been trying to MIDI sync Akai Force with a looper since September when I first got the Force.
I tried the Aeros Loop Studio. No luck there (though I was able to MIDI sync Aeros w/ Logic Pro)

I now have a new looper to try - HeadRush Looperboard.
Still no dice w/ Force midi sync. they just don't see each other.

The MIDI cable I have works with other devices and normal MIDI functions, but I'm going to try a new MIDI cable just for troubleshooting.

I've watched every video there is about MIDI syncing the Force.
I'm really starting to think I just have a defective Force unit or something.

is there anyone else here that is able to actually MIDI sync the Force to a looper?

The fact you're attempting to sync to a looper isn't important; what's important is how. Are you using the old fashioned analog DIN jacks, or are you using USB MIDI? What do you have your MIDI settings set to on Force? Does your looper even show up as a device? Post a screen shot of your settings. Have you been able to successfully sync your looper with other devices? Finally, does your looper have any advanced MIDI settings that you're not aware of?
By Flint Blade Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:05 am
Solved!

After many months of struggling with MIDI syncing (tempo sync) with a Looping device, I finally got it sorted out.
The included MIDI adapters (1/8" to 5-pin) were apparently faulty after-market pieces. (I originally bought my first Force refurbished on Amazon so apparently they sent me the bad cables).
As soon as I bought good MIDI adapters, everything was good to go.

Now I am currently syncing Akai Force with a Headrush Looperboard and it is a very powerful combination!
By EnochLight Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:04 am
Flint Blade wrote:Solved!

After many months of struggling with MIDI syncing (tempo sync) with a Looping device, I finally got it sorted out.
The included MIDI adapters (1/8" to 5-pin) were apparently faulty after-market pieces. (I originally bought my first Force refurbished on Amazon so apparently they sent me the bad cables).

Now I am currently syncing Akai Force with a Headrush Looperboard and it is a very powerful combination!

Good to hear; thanks for the update!
By Ofsky Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:25 pm
Flint Blade wrote:Solved!

Hey! I am trying to do the same thing. I have the 5 pin adapter going out of the force and into the looper. The only issue is that it goes out of sync a lot. Do you also have this issue?

Thanks,
Justin[b][/b]
By Stevejaz Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:30 am
Sounds like a midi clock issue. Do you have one set as master and one slave? And if so have you tried reversing them? I know my VL3x will receive midi clock but not send it. Could be something similar. I use my Alesis SR18 drum machine as midi clock, just so I can use a foot switch for tap tempo.
I was pretty disappointed that the VL3x would not send midi clock. Only receive it.