Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Releve Sat May 15, 2021 1:43 pm
is it possible to play the different Notes Modes with a Midi Keyboard or with the internal sequencer, so that the chords or progressions are played like using the original pads?
(So i can play a C on Midi Keyboard and the Akai Force played the whole Chord (for sample C F G). Thank you very much
By EnochLight Sun May 16, 2021 4:46 pm
Releve wrote:is it possible to play the different Notes Modes with a Midi Keyboard or with the internal sequencer, so that the chords or progressions are played like using the original pads?
(So i can play a C on Midi Keyboard and the Akai Force played the whole Chord (for sample C F G). Thank you very much

Page 325 under "MIDI Input Snap to Scale". Or is that not what you're trying to achieve?
By Releve Sun May 16, 2021 6:53 pm
no, if I choose the Note-Mode Progression, I can play a Chords sequence (Progression) by pressing a single pad. I wish that I could play the same style or progressions with a single key via Midi - Keyboard (midi in) or via the Force sequencer. Thank you very much
By Lampdog Sun May 16, 2021 7:22 pm
I feel like pad perform is an internal thing, not a function extended out to controllers. Like 16 levels (mpc) internal.