Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Koekepan Mon May 24, 2021 3:35 pm
Just joining the forum and reading through old stuff. Should be getting my Force this week, delivery gods permitting.

I do a wide range of music for commissions, but my personal music hovers between psychedelia and ambient work. For me the killer function that drove me to a Force is the arranger, but the whole package has value from autosampling through retrospective recording.

Let the mindjuice bubble.
By Koekepan Wed May 26, 2021 5:41 pm
Thank you, NearTao.

I was wondering whether you, or anybody you knew of, had done a Force equivalent of your blog post on buying an MPC - now what?

I have a SATA drive coming so that I can save to that, rather than the internal storage. (And so that when disc streaming comes, I can use that.)

Any thoughts on custom or different edition finishes for the Force? I could see Akai coming out with a silver Force, or maybe a flame finish. Or maybe just something like a high gloss black marble or something like that. Airbrushed flames would make it look like some weird '70s throwback, but that would be cool.

In fact, if you're going to perform with it, airbrush the base like a '70s panel van for the audience's benefit.
By Koekepan Wed May 26, 2021 9:45 pm
That's fair.

But it's also not a problem, because we could, as a community, figure out a good to-do list for members that would be useful to put into a future blog post.

Hm. Maybe a new forum thread on that topic, while I wait for mine to be delivered...