Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Koekepan Thu May 27, 2021 10:31 pm
I know, it's not that exciting, but I'm glad. It was a demo model, so I got it at a discount, and it's already been updated to 3.0.6 so I don't even have to do that. Unpacked, plugged in, turned on and was fiddling with a demo project in a minute or less. This looks like an easy tool to like.

Maybe someday I'll have to post something in the cribs pic topic-thread-of-doom, with the Force in pride of place.
By Koekepan Fri May 28, 2021 3:05 am
OK, I know it's stupid to reply to your own posts, but here's an update:

Less than 3 hours after unpacking it and plugging it in, I produced a (small, stupid) test run using a drum kit, and two soft synths.

This thing is a monster. I'm blown away. It let me build clips, edit them every which way from Sunday, arrange the result, including slapping in a USB MIDI keyboard to lay down some of the sounds, and then export the whole arrangement as an MP3 onto a USB thumbdrive. And that's me never having touched it before, with the PDF manual open all the while.

If anybody is on the fence about this thing, it is a stone cold beast for sequencing and arrangement. I pay a lot of attention when shopping, and I was a bit apprehensive about laying down a grand (including tax) for this because it gets a lot of hate. Stop worrying.

They should have called this product the Fire, really. But it is a Force to be reckoned with.

No buyer's remorse here.
By Koekepan Fri May 28, 2021 2:27 pm
I know. I mean, I don't blame them, I guess? But couldn't they at least have called it Strange Fruit or something like that?

Oh well, Force it is.

I still think that it would look badass with an airbrushed flame design.
By Lampdog Fri May 28, 2021 5:30 pm
Koekepan wrote:But it is a Force to be reckoned with.
By Koekepan Fri May 28, 2021 5:52 pm
Yup, no argument.

I'm so happy I'll take that all day long.

Now I just need to string something together that I'm not totally ashamed to put in front of you all, to demonstrate what it lets me do.