Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Koekepan Sun May 30, 2021 4:12 pm
I hope I'm not breaking a board rule here, but I wanted to draw attention to my other post at

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=211271

It seems like a design oversight - or they did it, and I just don't know how. I don't mind using outboard gear to get there, but it seems strange.
By Koekepan Sun May 30, 2021 5:11 pm
I may be a dumbass.

OK, so I think I have a way around it, and just for future generations, here's what I did:

Step one: Record and trim audio sample. (In my case, some MIDI-driven pads from my Streichfett.)

Step two: create audio track.

Step three: create clip in audio track, load up the sample and place it where needed.

Step four: whack open the mixer view, and in the I/O section set the outputs of that audio track to outputs 3/4. This part prevents the audio from hitting the main outs.

Step five: set the output to a submix. Submix one, in my case, because I hadn't used any of my submixes on this track yet, but obviously it depends upon your circumstances.

Step six: in the effects part of the submixes in the mixer view, set up the effects that you want. In particular, make sure to set the wet/dry mix appropriately for your needs. In my case, this is all wet, all the time.

Now I have a pure-reverb (OK, I added some delay and EQ) result on my background pads.

I hope that this helps other people down the line. Of course, it does mean that I'm using outputs 3 and 4 for something that I don't really want in the audio, but maybe there's an additional subtlety that I still need to unearth.