Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By mattjet Mon May 31, 2021 8:52 pm
just posted on force section without answer,i try here,very active section,which program/software do you need to convert files come out from the unit (force) from native .xpj format in mp3 or wav?there's online converter as for convert youtube videoclips in audio? thank you
By mattjet Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:28 am
thank you very much for the reply @NearTao i try with mpc beats but does not read the native format force files.Really strange
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:00 am
There is no software that reads the force xpj project files, they are different to mpc xpj files. Mpc beats will however read xpm program files.

But if you want to create MP3 if your beats, you can export your arrangement as wav, MP3 or stems for import into a daw (Ableton live set als also available). All done from the save screen.

See page 154 of the force user guide
https://force.akaipro.com/amfile/file/d ... duct/7147/
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:53 am
BTW, please don't post over multiple forums, you'll get the best response by posting in the Akai Force sub-forum. Please remember that this site is primarily an MPC site, so please be patient for a response, there are less Force users here compared to MPC users.

I've moved this back to the Force forum and deleted the duplicate.
By mattjet Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:12 am
There is no software that reads the force xpj project files, they are different to mpc xpj files. Mpc beats will however read xpm program files.

But if you want to create MP3 if your beats, you can export your arrangement as wav, MP3 or stems for import into a daw (Ableton live set als also available). All done from the save screen.

GREA:GREAT:GREAT AKAI false and liars on the box is written stand alone music studio is not written i need to buy an extra software to converting files.I immagine is the same to export song
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:24 am
mattjet wrote:GREA:GREAT:GREAT AKAI false and liars on the box is written stand alone music studio is not written i need to buy an extra software to converting files.

Akai false & liars? Did you read what I wrote, especially the relevant section in the manual? In what way does this mean the Force is not a standalone music making machine? You can create a song/arrangement and mix it entirely within the Force. If you wish you can export it to a DAW or you can of course just export as a stereo master from your Force in WAV or MP3 format.

You don't need to 'convert' anything - the XPJ is there for you to re-load the project inside your Force, and the SAVE screen provides you with all the mixdown options. I'm struggling to see what else Akai could have provided for you, there is literally every mixdown/export option you could ever need, including working entirely 'within the box'.

Why do you need to open the XPJ in separate software when everything is there for you in the Force? spend some time with the manual to learn what features are there inside this incredibly powerful machine.
By Koekepan Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:59 pm
Chiming in here as a new Force owner myself:

The first thing I did as a test run once I obtained mine was precisely to slap together a little beat, arrange it into a small track and then export it as an MP3. All in the Force, except sampling some stuff into it to test that process.

Akai isn't lying about its capabilities. The package does what it says on the box. There are a couple of functions that I might like to have, that it doesn't right now, but it genuinely is an all-in-one workstation and studio master.
By Lampdog Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:07 pm
mattjet wrote:is not written i need to buy an extra software to converting files.

No you don't need to be extra software.

mattjet wrote:I imagine is the same to export song

No it's not. The manual shows you how to export, no extra software needed.

Koekepan wrote:Chiming in here as a new Force owner myself:

The first thing I did as a test run once I obtained mine was precisely to slap together a little beat, arrange it into a small track and then export it as an MP3. All in the Force, except sampling some stuff into it to test that process.

More peeps should be testing things to check capabilities/quirks/workflow just like you did.
By mattjet Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:05 pm
Why do you need to open the XPJ in separate software when everything is there for you in the Force? spend some time with the manual to learn what features are there inside this incredibly powerful machine.

Thank you very much mpc tutor and thank you all for the reply,i ve read the manual and looking the few videos,i read the very few tutorials on the web on how to save a song (not clips or other) directly to sd card/usb key in mp3 or wav file.I did as written from pag 154 of the manual...the situation is always the same,only saves clips,sample,not the whole song or track.force it's power lusty beast,a milestone like nothing else,no groovebox can be compared.I begin to think my force have a bug.Tomorrow i try to contact the local akai assistance....So sorry if i post multiple forum il never do.
By Lampdog Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:21 pm
Save project is main menu, folder at top, save as, make a new folder on your SD, save in that new folder.

Don't save to internal drive (az01) I think it is.
By Koekepan Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:49 pm
Don't even go to the main menu. Just hit the button marked SAVE, just to the left of the touchscreen. Then just as the man says, Project As, and touch the SD card or internal drive on the left-hand browser pane and go nuts.

And if you need to delete a file, open the main menu, hit the browser icon, navigate to the file, hold down the SHIFT button and you'll get the delete option.
By mattjet Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:01 pm
went today with my force to the local official akai assistance centre,my force have a bug as i suspected,they give me a new one force after tested by them all is ok,i cant wait to making and saving tracks.
By Lampdog Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:46 pm
That's good, glad you were able to spot it and get the good shit going again!
By mattjet Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:24 pm
Finally making a tracks today,well what to say,i ve no doubt AKAI have fixed a new standard in the groovebox market,