Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By re_i Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:51 pm
Hi peeps,

I have encountered a critical bug which I can recreate every time and I just wanted to give you the heads up, in fact, let me know if you're able to recreate yourself.

Firmware 3.06

Steps to follow;

1) Select the demo track (Tonight - Garage)

2) Shift - Clip (Track Edit mode)

3) Press to select track 2 (Number 2 Pad button)

4) Select effects tab (last tab on page)

5) Enter Step Sequencer

5) Press and hold track 8 (Number 8 Pad button)

Your unit should crash.

Let me know if this also happens with your unit also.

Image of steps to follow..

https://ibb.co/g4DSGxB

I Believe it only affects the drums and keygroup sample tracks, specifically when switching between tracks when on the effects page.
By Koekepan Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:57 pm
Whoof. Nasty little crashbug. I'm using my Force for a production run right now so I don't want to try duplicating it, but I'm sure that Akai's support line will want to know.
By EnochLight Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:33 pm
re_i wrote:Hi peeps,

I have encountered a critical bug which I can recreate every time and I just wanted to give you the heads up, in fact, let me know if you're able to recreate yourself.

Firmware 3.06

Steps to follow;

1) Select the demo track (Tonight - Garage)

2) Shift - Clip (Track Edit mode)

3) Press to select track 2 (Number 2 Pad button)

4) Select effects tab (last tab on page)

5) Enter Step Sequencer

5) Press and hold track 8 (Number 8 Pad button)

Your unit should crash.

Let me know if this also happens with your unit also.

Image of steps to follow..

https://ibb.co/g4DSGxB

I Believe it only affects the drums and keygroup sample tracks, specifically when switching between tracks when on the effects page.

This does not generate a crash for me - following your exact directions. That said, I'd still keep reporting/pestering Akai about it. Maybe there is something else unique in your setup that is causing it.