Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By BeatWilson Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:50 pm
I asked questions about this on gearslutz once and never got a straight answer.
Just curious on how many voices Hype Synth has?
Cause Tube Synth has 4 I believe which is fine. Does hype have more?

Thanks.
By Koekepan Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:57 pm
I did a little test, and I did not notice any voice stealing until about eight notes. It certainly seems fine until four.
By BeatWilson Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:17 pm
Ok thank you.
Anyone else? or have we come to the conclusion is a 4 voice?
By Koekepan Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:31 pm
I think it's more than four voices. I think it's a seven voice. But it's certainly at least four voices.

It's possible that it depends on patch complexity.
By Lampdog Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:44 pm
Koekepan wrote:It's possible that it depends on patch complexity.

THIS, sounds like someone who troubleshoots and finds out instead of endlessly guessing. There might not be a concrete answer if specs are not written.

LIKE!
By Koekepan Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:29 am
Aw, shucks.

But yeah, for quesitons like this, especially on a moving target like an instrument with updating firmware, the only answer that matters is the one that's real right now.

For example: The Force does not to disc streaming. (Today.)
By EnochLight Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:07 am
Posted this over at Gearslutz earlier today:

Just ran a test on Hype Synth using the analog initialize preset. I got 8 voices to trigger without cancelling any previously triggered notes. ** This is twice the voice count as TubeSynth (which is based on Air Vacuum Pro) in standalone mode. :smoker: :) :o

** Edit: the voice count changes depending on initialized oscillators you choose, for instance; using analog+analog or Wavetable+Sampler decreases voice count to 4.

So indeed, it depends on the preset or how many oscillator combos you choose, it would appear. :wink:
By Acidizer Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:54 pm
EnochLight wrote:Posted this over at Gearslutz earlier today:

Just ran a test on Hype Synth using the analog initialize preset. I got 8 voices to trigger without cancelling any previously triggered notes. ** This is twice the voice count as TubeSynth (which is based on Air Vacuum Pro) in standalone mode. :smoker: :) :o

** Edit: the voice count changes depending on initialized oscillators you choose, for instance; using analog+analog or Wavetable+Sampler decreases voice count to 4.

So indeed, it depends on the preset or how many oscillator combos you choose, it would appear. :wink:

Something tells me you could load another instance of Hype, use the same patch, and get 4 voices on each instance. Is this true? If so why the limit in the first place?
By EnochLight Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:54 pm
Acidizer wrote:
EnochLight wrote:Posted this over at Gearslutz earlier today:

Something tells me you could load another instance of Hype, use the same patch, and get 4 voices on each instance. Is this true? If so why the limit in the first place?

Yes, that is absolutely true. In fact, you can load 8 instances of Hype synth and get 4 voices on each for a total of 32 voices, or if you use that analog initialize preset - a total of 64 voices! :nod: :smoker: The limit is so you retain the available slots for other instances of other plugins. Akai needed to find a balance to getting plugins to run 100% smooth on Force (and MPC), and that's how they chose to do it (versus Native Instruments on Maschine+, which to this day has performance issues when running some of the plugins).