Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Mystic38 Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:17 pm
This may well be a settings thing but so far rtfm and common sense has got me nowhere.. and, i am all of two days in, so there's that also.

When in note mode, using scale and 4th's, i was assuming that the response would be similar to that of push 2, as in when you press a note, say c4, all other pads that represent c4 are lit.. but so far on the Force all C notes are lighting, not just c4..

is it me?.. a bug?.. a feature?.. or do octaves no longer matter?..lol

thx, M
By Koekepan Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:30 pm
It's a bit more obvious if you use an external controller:

The precise note flashes in one colour, and other notes that are the same, just octaves away, flash in a different colour. It's actually pretty helpful when dealing with things like the step sequencer interface.
By Mystic38 Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:12 pm
Yeah, i get what it does, so its not me then lol, its a "feature"..

Showing the notes you are playing is fine, but showing all the notes means that you lose all sense of what octave you are in and also lose sight of the root note if you are playing chords that include it, so to me its a "feature" that needs an on/off switch in the preferences..lol... play a four note chord and you will see what i mean..lol

thanks tho!