Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Synaptic Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:42 pm
Are midi program changes for plugin tracks possible?

I'm thinking about a live setup where each plugin track clip can be its own synth patch, the idea behind this is that when i move from song to song and so long as i keep the same plugin live on that channel, i can switch between patches. I've looked in the manual and all I've been able to find is program change functionality specifically for midi tracks. Could i send program change messages from a dedicated midi channel with program change events programmed into it, like with a ghost clip, and have that change the patches on the plugin tracks?
By Koekepan Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:07 pm
Of course, you could automate the correct parameters to change the sound to what you want, which can be a pretty radical sound-shaping capability.

It's not quite what you were asking for, but if you're good at sound design it can take you a long, long way.
By nickrosa Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:37 pm
I was looking into the same exact feature, I have purchased two ovation Launch Control XL to use as midi mixers and effect send for each track and having the same plugin assigned to each channel allows me a lot of flexibility, problem is that you can do if for just one track as there's no program change.

Alternative are:

- sample your parts but like this you lose the control on the plugin filters

- Use sampled instruments only (same problem as above although you assign the QLinks but you have no sound design if you use presampled ones and not the plugins)

- Buy a second MPC (which is what I'm just about to do)
By SnowMetal Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:46 pm
I know it sounds ridiculous, but I have been stopping individual clips and loading new presets before launching the next scene. This is a bit cumbersome, but you can save all of your patches in one location, making navigation much easier.

I'm doing much of this during tonight's performance, and I'll let you know how practical it turned out to be.