Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By MAx0min Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:51 pm
Hi everyone.
I just got myself an Akai Force and I'm very pleased with it. I've always been very skeptical about all-in-one type of instruments/grooveboxes, but this thing compliments so well my mostly analog setup. So, yeah, I'm pretty happy at the moment.

I have an Akai APC KEY 25 USB MIDI keyboard lying around, and i tried to hook it up to the Force.
Same brand, generic USB Midi instrument...No luck, the force doesnt seem to recognize it.

Anyone with the same setup? Any work around? A solution?

It's kind of surprising it doesnt work ;(
By EnochLight Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:13 pm
MAx0min wrote:Hi everyone.
I just got myself an Akai Force and I'm very pleased with it. I've always been very skeptical about all-in-one type of instruments/grooveboxes, but this thing compliments so well my mostly analog setup. So, yeah, I'm pretty happy at the moment.

I have an Akai APC KEY 25 USB MIDI keyboard lying around, and i tried to hook it up to the Force.
Same brand, generic USB Midi instrument...No luck, the force doesnt seem to recognize it.

Anyone with the same setup? Any work around? A solution?

It's kind of surprising it doesnt work ;(

Under Force settings on the MIDI / SYNC page, does it show up under the input and output ports? I’d start there. If it does show up, make sure you’ve selected “Track” for the Akai APC KEY 25 under Input Ports (as well as Control if you want to record any incoming MIDI). If it shows up as multiples, you’ll have to experiment and see which one is the correct input (my Nektar Panorama P4 literally shows up as 4 different controllers under the input ports).
By Ultros Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:37 am
The apc midi hardware appears sabotaged within the force software. I patched it and got my apc mini working, however there's no global midi mapping in the force software it seems so it wont actually let you manipulate the matrix or any of the transport controls like you can with the MPC.

Long story short, USB versions of the APC products are ignored, and 5 pin apc is limited to note stuff and cc macro thingies.
By garikfox Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:27 pm
Excellent thanks for this, I was going to get a APC25 mini USB keyboard.

It should be fixed with 3.0.7 I'm thinking.
By MAx0min Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:18 pm
So the latest Firmware update did it!

The APC key 25 is recognised and works.
Keyboard with velocity, assignable potentiometers and buttons, and the button matrix is recognized as a lower octave keyboard.

:nod: