Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By gab3s Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:30 am
emme ask you someting about the force?
i play DUB and hip hop, so i use 8 stems (already mastered) per song, 1 for drums, 1 for bass, 1 for keys... and i blend the original beat arrangement with moments of looping some section of the song so i can dub it or improvise an instrument or singing on top of it.
In ableton i can load the hole set, wich is 10, 12 songs with 8 channels and 7 to 10 scenes each in one project, and just press page down to change the song. Also the play scene button in ableton can change the BPM of the whole project, so when i page down and start a new song on the set, press the play button on scene 1 of song 2 it will be on the BPM of the song 2.
In FORCE i can perform like that or similar to that? How can we perform a set with different songs and different BPM's on the FORCE?
I don't mind if i have to open a different project for each song because of the RAM, but in a live performance the force can change between these projects fast? is it seconds or minutes?
By Koekepan Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:20 pm
Seconds, not milliseconds, not minutes.

What I might do in your position is keep a little looper pedal to one side of the Force, and just suck in a bit of loop to keep rolling while loading up the next project. Depending on how you route your audio you can even freestyle over the loop while Force loads up the next.
By coffeesounds Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:53 pm
If I understand correctly - your Live workflow will work exactly the same in Force: each scene is a row of clips, each channel (column) has drums, bass, keys etc and you can move between scenes just like in Live or mix clips from different scenes (rows).

On top of that you can have project-wide macros (equivalent for Live would be macro controls on the master channel) to apply LF filters, EQ on/off for low/mid/high bands etc. Plus, force has the Kaoss-pad like XY filter.

Force comes with a couple of demo projects which are designed to show of a live set: there's one with 8 songs in it spread across 8 channels and 8 scenes.
By entropy_disorder Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:10 am
coffeesounds wrote:If I understand correctly - your Live workflow will work exactly the same in Force: each scene is a row of clips, each channel (column) has drums, bass, keys etc and you can move between scenes just like in Live or mix clips from different scenes (rows).

On top of that you can have project-wide macros (equivalent for Live would be macro controls on the master channel) to apply LF filters, EQ on/off for low/mid/high bands etc. Plus, force has the Kaoss-pad like XY filter.

Force comes with a couple of demo projects which are designed to show of a live set: there's one with 8 songs in it spread across 8 channels and 8 scenes.

Can you confirm that we can set BPM for each scene on Akai force as well? and ALS import from Ableton would transfer the BPM setting for the scenes?