Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By coffeesounds Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:36 pm
Now that 2.10 update dropped for the MPC line, has there been any leaks about similar update for the Force? NDAs are pointless in this case since we know what's coming (and people already leaked class compliant audio support for the Force in other forums) so it feels like we're just waiting for it to be released.

The new synths and USB audio interface support will be another game changer for the force IMHO
By Synaptic Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:31 pm
Me too I can't wait for these to come the force. They could've told us that they've got it planned.
By Koekepan Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:56 pm
I'd be really curious to see whether the USB audio interface would let me do things like have each sound on a TR-09 come in on its own track over USB audio.
By garikfox Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:57 pm
Should be any day I hope.
By pitchblender Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:00 am
Hello everyone, first post!

Just to say that in the info Akai released about the MPC 2.10 new plugins it states that they're compatible with Force firmware 3.0.7 so it looks like (at the least) we'l be getting the synths! I suspect it's going to have a lot more though...

I got the Force a couple of weeks ago and am enjoying learning it and transferring my multitracks/samples over from loads of different places, with a view to assimilating, finishing & performing live. I got it pretty cheap and took a chance as I knew the current limitations but the coming firmware can potentially open thie Force up to loads more people, no doubt increasing the used price... and I'm eating rice for the next month as a result...

I've been learning some great stuff here and decided to sign up and chip in. It won't be long now :)
By pitchblender Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:35 am
Koekepan wrote:I'd be really curious to see whether the USB audio interface would let me do things like have each sound on a TR-09 come in on its own track over USB audio.

This is not going to happen as Roland do not do Class Compliant audio - Boutiques need specific audio drivers for Windows/MacOS etc. I wanted to use the multi outs on the TR-08 and tried using a pocketPC with a spare multi-out audio interface into another but latency was too much. I might get an 808/909 clone instead with multi-outs and a Class Compliant audio interface. I really wish 1010music would update their Bluebox as an audio interface as it’s tiny and has 12in/6out which is enough for me.
Hope this helps in preparing for the inevitable 3.0.7 game changing update :)
By garikfox Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:42 pm
pitchblender wrote:Hello everyone, first post!

Just to say that in the info Akai released about the MPC 2.10 new plugins it states that they're compatible with Force firmware 3.0.7 so it looks like (at the least) we'l be getting the synths! I suspect it's going to have a lot more though...

I got the Force a couple of weeks ago and am enjoying learning it and transferring my multitracks/samples over from loads of different places, with a view to assimilating, finishing & performing live. I got it pretty cheap and took a chance as I knew the current limitations but the coming firmware can potentially open thie Force up to loads more people, no doubt increasing the used price... and I'm eating rice for the next month as a result...

I've been learning some great stuff here and decided to sign up and chip in. It won't be long now :)

Hello and Welcome!

I just got mine two weeks ago as well. Haven't opened it yet I'm waiting on new Firmware. I guess I should just be fine with 3.0.6 and open the darn thing lol. I studied all about it for one month before I even bought it. I actually almost bought the NI Maschine before the Force. Than i came here and bought the Force. :)
By Koekepan Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:21 pm
Open it, use it, build your chops.

When 3.0.7 drops you'll be ready to dive in with a splash.

And honestly it's already good - and a steal at the price. Just do it, it's a great machine.
By garikfox Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:27 pm
Thanks, I will this week since it looks like the 3.0.7 wont be out soon. I hope my MAIN OUT's don't go out like those other two people. I'm so OCD those two posts are giving me nightmares. I know... I'm weird lol

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=210377
By garikfox Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:41 pm
Wow, that price! That's crazy!
By EnochLight Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:00 pm
pitchblender wrote:Just to say that in the info Akai released about the MPC 2.10 new plugins it states that they're compatible with Force firmware 3.0.7 so it looks like (at the least) we'l be getting the synths! I suspect it's going to have a lot more though...

Where did you see this? Link please... :hmmm:
By garikfox Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:35 pm
Am I reading this wrong, Maybe the new Synths will already work with our Force?

We just make a Synths Folder on the USB/SATA drive and drop the three new ones into it?

Synth download below.
https://www.akaipro.com/amfile/file/dow ... duct/8798/

FYI the first pic is from the new MPC Standalone user guide.