Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By garikfox Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:52 pm
HI everyone! sorry if I ask a lot of questions but I'm like super noobie :)

I was wondering what synth is comparable on the Force that is like the Serum plugin.

Do you think Hype is comparable? if not does anyone know what I can add to my Force that's like the Serum synth?
By Koekepan Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:53 am
Questions are certainly welcome.

Serum, specifically as an advanced wavetable synth, has (at present) no direct equivalent on the Force of which I'm aware.

However, this isn't the end of the story, because there are a few approaches.

First, if all you really mean by Serum is a modern-sounding thing that's good for stabs and pads and obnoxious rave synths, then Hype will get you there. Woo, victory.

Second, if what you really meant was that you wanted some of your favourite sounds, you can just use your computer as an outboard sound source, drive it with MIDI and then record the audio clips that you require.

Third, if what you actually want is to use Serum itself, you can run your Force linked to the computer in controller mode, and drive your computer with the Force as a rather nice push-alike.

Fourth, if what you'd like to do is grab your fave-rave sounds and plaster them all over the everything, you could just set up a keygroup in your Force by autosampling a Serum sound.

Fifth, you could use the Force to drive your wall-of-modular to make all the bizarre sounds that Serum could never dream of achieving.

There are surely more options, but one of those should get you off the ground.
By garikfox Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:36 am
Thanks, I like the first one lol. Excellent thanks :)
By garikfox Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:14 pm
I have another Synth question if I may :)

Would the Juno 60 expansion be similar to the actual new Juno-DS keyboard?
By Koekepan Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:15 pm
Not really, from what I understand. I believe that the expansion is a sampled machine, not a virtual synth.

If you want a virtual Juno, how about a Roland Boutique JU-06? You can power and control it over USB from the Force, even if you have to get the audio over analogue connections.

Not my cup of sonic tea, but I do have the JP-08 and TR-09.
By garikfox Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:17 pm
Oh okay cool thanks! I'll just do more studying on everything I guess :)