Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Koekepan Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:55 pm
Awesome! You're well on your way to musical nerdvana.

But bear in mind that this lets you do all sorts of nifty things, even though the Mix5 isn't the ultimate in musical technology. (Although, what the hell, the price was right.) For example, you can send things through the send output, through an outboard effect unit and then grab your duplicate stems and mix them in the computer as you please. You can drop music from the Force over both stereo output sets, and compress them separately or otherwise get crazy. You can even drive the Mackie pretty hard and get a bit of crunch in its sound.

Really, the sky is the limit once you have routing options.
By garikfox Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:08 pm
Sounds awesome, thank you. :)

I really wanted to get the Zoom R8, but most stuff on it i'll never use. I started cheap, hopefully not too cheap lol
By Koekepan Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:44 pm
I don't think that's too cheap.

I have a couple of dedicated Behringer analogue mixers, as well as a Tascam portastudio which is effectively (besides its other tricks) a digital mixer. If I had the room and budget for a 64 channel mixing desk, I'd find good use for it as well as the little ones. But I can grab the smallest Behringer, plug a few Volcas into it, as well as a few guitar multi-effects pedals, and go nuts. If you have the sound design chops you can make it sound nothing like the low-rent devices with which you started.
By garikfox Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:51 pm
Thanks Koekepan
Do I use the Phones or Tape out for my PC?