Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By garikfox Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:16 pm
Hello my audio friends!

I was wondering how most people get samples onto there machines. i.e: Line-In
Do I use a iPhone or iPad?
Or can I use my PC and use a 3.5mm Y splitter from the 3.5mm Speaker Out and use one of the leads to go into the Line-In on the Force?
By NearTao Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:30 pm
With the right cables you can do either the i(Phone/Pad) or your PC. Both have line level outputs and will match with the line level input without anything fancy.

For the iPhone/iPad, you'll want something like a Lightning (or USB-C) to 1/8" TRS output cable, and then a 1/8" TRS to 1/4" Left TR and Right TR cable.

Depending on your PC, you ought to be able to use the headphone jack (1/8" TRS) to Left TR and Right TR cable, same as above.
By garikfox Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:31 pm
Great! thanks NearTao :wink:
By garikfox Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:35 pm
I have a Hosa one like that so all is good :)
By garikfox Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:07 pm
I have a question for the experts here. :)

When recording samples what rate do you all record them at, 48khz or 44? or higher?
By Koekepan Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:09 pm
Depends on context.

If I'm going to affect the hell out of it and deep precision isn't a major concern, I'll just go lo-fi and deal with it. This goes double if it's something like a compo entry where it's only going to get streamed anyway.

If I'm trying to do something pristine? More is better.
By garikfox Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:06 pm
Okay great thanks Koekepan :)