Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By gab3s Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:59 pm
hi!!
just bought my Akai Force and my PC is not recognizing it as a device so i can install the expansions packs..
it only recognizes as an audio interface
i tried with the MPC Beats software but i also doesn't recognizes.
can someone help me?
By Koekepan Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:08 am
Have you tried installing them without the software, as if it were living a purely standalone life?

(Windows 10 is a moving target anyway, because of Microsoft's constant updates, so it's a tough one. It should be recognised, but who really knows?)
By gab3s Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:56 am
Koekepan wrote:Have you tried installing them without the software, as if it were living a purely standalone life?

(Windows 10 is a moving target anyway, because of Microsoft's constant updates, so it's a tough one. It should be recognised, but who really knows?)

yess, i can play them directly from my USB drive
but i want to install them inside the Force and also want to use the Force as a controller with ableton
By sfgreenwood Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:38 pm
You need the Network MIDI driver for Live control. It's in the Downloads section of the website here: https://www.akaipro.com/force-forcexus. MPC Beats works if you have the Force plugged in as a storage device using the USB-A port. The Force has to be in Standalone mode and Beats will copy Expansions to it.