Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Koekepan Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:52 pm
The real beauty of it is that the Portastudio and the Force bring together two opposite approaches. The Force is a massive groovebox sampler, with some synthesis and effects added in. In the groove, on the grid, that's where it lives. You can do other things, but they're a bit less straightforward. The Portastudio lets you take multiple layers and mix and treat them into a final production with the kind of fader-riding love that's just that little bit harder to do in the Force. It also makes it so easy to get in really big linear recordings, like full vocal tracks and dedicated effects tracks.

The Portastudio is basically a logical development of the kind of tools that George Martin used, just digital and compact. The Force is a logical development of a lot of electronic sequenced devices. When you learn how Yin and Yang combine, you shall be suffused with the power of Tao - and released to attend to Te.
By garikfox Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:45 pm
...sad face... I started using my DP-32SD and noticed that Input Trim Knob E is very wobbly and it's like it isn't attached inside. So looks like I'll have to send it back. :Sigh: :(
By Koekepan Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:41 pm
Well, that's what warranties are for, right?

I will say that mine are all rock solid, so you just drew the short straw.

For reference, my Force just went in for warranty service because it developed a crackle on one outbound channel jack. Them's the breaks.
By garikfox Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:44 pm
Yeah all mine are a little mooshie. Oh wow, I think that's the same problem I hear of the Force Main Outputs going out. Oh wow!
By Koekepan Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:25 am
(I know someone will want to flame me for this, but ...)

This is why I buy from Sweetwater. (The same logic probably applies to your favourite major retailer.) I get the warranty service and they don't quibble; they just do it.

Bear in mind that Sweetwater apparently just got bought out, so if the new management decides to backtrack on that policy, of course I'll drop them like a hot rock (because then what the hell would be the point) but they have always been good to me so far. And if there's some quiet recall going on to fix the main outputs - well, I'll be getting mine.

Fortunately, I have other gear that can plug the gap. For now, my old KORG Krome is standing in on sequencer duty, which goes to show that the Force really does play in the same ballpark as the old-school workstations.
By garikfox Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:35 pm
Yeah I heard about sweetwater too, hopefully they wont abolish the 2-yr warranties. That's what makes them great.

As for the Force I'm starting to think maybe the Force Main-Outputs (4) will eventually go out on you if you use all four outputs and the volume up past 50% most of the time. Just a thought...

Your the Fourth person to have this problem that I've found. It scares me because this is the reason why I was debating on not getting it.
By Koekepan Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:00 pm
Hey, I know this isn't your exact setup, but there's a video that just went up by Tefty and Meems on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYi-silm4Ps

I think that you may find a few useful tips in the setup, and it could raise your game.

Note: the Force doesn't (yet) do some of the audio interface things that the One does, although it's supposedly in the Beta. Also, I do not use an external audio interface on my Force, but instead use my Tascam as a separate recorder, so there's a big set of differences - BUT ...

there's good food for thought in there. Enjoy!