Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By garikfox Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:35 pm
Hi everyone! Okay I know I'm very slow at getting around doing things but I finally got around getting a desk to put all my stuff on. It's a small desk but should work, my first ever studio anything lol

OH! and I didn't know how many cables I would have to buy, wow! lol

I have two speaker stands the desk, two Mackie mixers, Focusrite and 2 shure SM57. AND about 8 Hosa cables. I will have all balanced audio :)

Now I have to mount the Monitor's on their stands and I'm done :)

By Koekepan Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:31 am
Five years later:

Yo, guys, I have to sell a keyboard or something because I'm up to my nostrils in gear here, and my eurorack threatened to cut me if I don't get it another 6U. Those euroracks are mean! So, uh, who wants to buy my Fantom for $250?
By garikfox Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:07 am
Lol, too funny! :)

I do want a Virus or a Jupiter though. Those are my style of sounds. :)
By garikfox Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:08 pm
Hello everyone I have a question :)

Can someone please tell me if I'm doing this correctly or not...

Force, Main-Out --> Monitors
Force, 3,4-Out --> Mixer --> USB Interface

Or should I just use, Main-Out --> Mixer --> Monitors + Mixer --> USB Interface ?
By mr_debauch Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:56 pm
without knowing what you are trying to do

force outputs > interface inputs
interface main outputs > monitors
By garikfox Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:28 pm
Thank you! I was using the Interface line-out to the Line-In on the Line-In Mixer, than Mixer to Force Line-In.

There's two sets of Force Line-Outs, I was going to use the Main-Out to the Monitors than the Force 3,4 Line-Out to the Line-Out Mixer than to the USB interface so I can record on my computer.

By Koekepan Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:11 pm
I have to ask what the line out mixer is doing for you - is it just a way to potentially get other things into your interface at the same time? Volume control on your line out? I don't think that those little mixers have submixes. Can you plug the monitors into your mixer at the same time as sending output to your interface?

After all, outputs 3 & 4 don't mirror 1 & 2.
By garikfox Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:05 pm
Oh wow okay. Yes i was using the out mixer to add more stuff, mainly i can send to my home stereo using RCA tape out. No i cant plug the monitors in at the same time I wish. Hmm lol
By Koekepan Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:27 pm
I'm pretty sure that those little Mackies can send the same stream out from the main out, as they can from the phones output at the same time, so if you get a TRS -> 2*TS cable for the phones, that can go to your interface while the main mix goes to the main output and hits your monitors.

That should get you a parallel output of the same data to your monitors that your computer sees without using a software layer, and then you can use the 3 and 4 outputs of the Force into another little mixer, which can then duplicate or transport in more interesting ways, perhaps through an effects unit, before joining the main stream in the first mixer?
By NearTao Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:44 pm
Koekepan wrote:I'm pretty sure that those little Mackies can send the same stream out from the main out, as they can from the phones output at the same time, so if you get a TRS -> 2*TS cable for the phones, that can go to your interface while the main mix goes to the main output and hits your monitors.

That should get you a parallel output of the same data to your monitors that your computer sees without using a software layer, and then you can use the 3 and 4 outputs of the Force into another little mixer, which can then duplicate or transport in more interesting ways, perhaps through an effects unit, before joining the main stream in the first mixer?

Although you can do this with a splitter so you can output to two different sources, you will get a lower signal strength, which would be a reason to have an amplifier in there to help boost the signal back up where you wanted it to be... for various definitions of want.
By garikfox Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:47 pm
Thanks, I think I understand, That sounds like what I need to do. I'm going to go try :)
By Koekepan Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:53 pm
The mixer should give you all the amplification you need, of course - plus the added bonus of individual level control to monitors and interface respectively (or headphones, if you're so inclined).
By garikfox Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:02 am
How's this ? , I can send back my two mixers and get the Tascam.