Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By JJG Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:13 pm
Does anyone know how to sample from a phone onto the force?
By Koekepan Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:11 am
Short answer: audio cable or storage device.

If your phone can feed audio that it picks up down an audio cable, done. Plug it into your Force, and go nuts.

If you can save it onto an SD card or whatever, that works too.
By ace_of_dub Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:16 am
It would help to know what outputs are on that phone. Otherwise you're just making people guess.
By NearTao Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:40 pm
If your phone has an hpj then you just need 1/8" TRS cable to a stereo 1/4" L TS and R TS cable.

If your phone doesn't have an hpj then you'll also need an adaptor for lightning, usb, or whatever you have to a 1/8" TRS jack.

Otherwise, you could probably do something with a bluetooth audio adaptor, but I'd avoid that because you're just using a lossy audio format.
By garikfox Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:58 pm
Like these.

By JJG Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:06 pm
I have an iPhone my bad guys :lol:
By JJG Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:20 am
garikfox wrote:Like these.

So there’s no issue using this even tho the inputs for the force says ones for instruments and ones for a mic?
By NearTao Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:19 pm
Just make sure both of the LINE/INST switches are set to LINE and that the +48V ON/OFF is set to OFF. From there adjust the GAIN knobs to where you want the input levels to be.

Hope that helps.