Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Keitomine Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:30 pm
I bought the Live 2, I was really thinking of trying to compose/ arrange entire tracks in the unit, then export and mix in the daw, however I see that the Akai force has the clip arrangement (session view arrangement is what I call it) from Ableton.

I'm not actually looking to replace the live 2 because I'm having a blast with it. Would you guys recommend this as a sequencer/arranger for standalone/dawless? How well do they connect together?

It's not like my money is really burning a hole in my pocket, it's just when I had the thought to go dawless, and saw a device that works that way, I felt like it's what I'm really looking for.
By Koekepan Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:04 pm
I can answer ... half of your question?

I am using the Force as a sequencer/arranger for DAWless right now. As in, that is what it is on my desk, plugged in and ready to do. Sometimes it's all in the one box, sometimes I connect external synths or even sample in vocal elements, but the Force's main job is sequencer/arranger, with an added dose of in-the-box synthesis and mixing.

I don't have an X/Live/One, so I can't speak for how well they connect BUT I would imagine that at least in MIDI terms they should get along just peachy, because you can set up MIDI tracks and do channel specifications and all that happy stuff no problem.

But just to get you started, why not check out youtube channels by Pink Buddha and Ave Mcree and see what they have to say about using the Force? Their commentary on the workflow might really help you.

Also, I'm really looking forward to the next Force update, because if the rumours leaking from the world of Beta are true, it will be a slice of heat packed into a sandwich of rockbread topped with awesomesauce.
By Keitomine Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:47 pm
I've watched plenty of Ave's stuff, really informative, I don't really remember seeing him demonstrate the midi connectivity.

I'm not sure how I'd really work the Force into my workflow, I'm honestly buying it to arrange in its arranger. But I do want it. My question might be a little too specific.

I like sequencing on the MPC Live, I just dislike arranging on it, and if I can get away with a tool like that I think it'll work for my workflow. I just wanna make sure I'm not double dipping unnecessarily, as they essentially are the same thing, outside of the arrangement as far as I'm concerned.

Ableton is technically a cheaper option.

I could hold out for an update, but I don't see them cannibalizing the force like that anytime soon.

So far I really enjoy performing the arrangement as opposed to sequencing an arrangement, which is why I'm sharing my sentiments here, and I haven't seen a method for this on the MPC, outside of sequencing your arrangement first.