Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By madsmash Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:47 am
Hello! I'm trying to create my own drumkits using MPC beats, it's all working fine except for the pad colors. I assign different colors to my pads in MPC Beats with menu->Edit->Program->Pad Color but when I save this kit and import it in my Akai Force, all pads get the same color as the track. Am I missing something here to get the colors exported?
By MPC-Tutor Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:57 am
Are you using 2.10? They did something to pad colours in this update as I noticed all my coloured pads made with previous MPC versions were now a little dimmer and the pad color screen for those programs was insisting there were no colors assigned. After re-assigning the colors manually, the pads were at full brightness again. Some colors are also slightly different shades now. I'm assuming they must have changed something in the underlying code, so perhaps this isn't currently compatible with the Akai Force.