Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By xwekerx Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:52 pm
Hello everyone,
I have a problem, about the magic low memory of akai force ahahaha!!.

I begin to become mad because I want to record my music on arranger mode but the memory capacity of Akai force is too loooooow.

So I thought that if I change the memory recording location I will solve the problem.

So, my question is, " Does it possible to change the memory location and use an extenal memory for recording my live direcly ?

Thanks for your heeeeelp :mrgreen: :worthy:
By Koekepan Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:55 pm
At the moment: no.

In the future: quite possibly. Direct-to-drive recording has been a main requested feature, and long hinted at. It's supposedly in beta development right now.

My approach: I recommend considering an external recorder that can work well with the Force so as to get the best of both worlds. On another forum topic I recommended Tascam's Portastudio line, but there are equivalents from Zoom, as well as live recording mixers from both Tascam and Zoom.