Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Ton618 Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:38 pm
Hi everyone,
When using Force in a live set where multiple tracks are layered on the same project, would be very helpful to have the possibility to change the internal plugin instruments presets in the same track when launching a new clip.
With an external midi instrument it’s possible by sending program change messages but what about the internal plugin instruments? Is there any way/trick to do it or it’s still necessary to create a new track with the same instrument but different preset?
What’s your idea about this point?
By Koekepan Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:13 pm
Pretty much all the parameters are automatable, so you could in principle retweak your synth to match a different preset. I'm not aware of any simple equivalent of a preset change (but that doesn't mean that there isn't one).
By Ton618 Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:41 am
Thanks for the encouragement… :wink: But does anyone know how to change a plugin instrument preset in the same track but different clip in practice?
By EnochLight Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:12 pm
Ton618 wrote:Thanks for the encouragement… :wink: But does anyone know how to change a plugin instrument preset in the same track but different clip in practice?

It's not possible, currently. Really wish preset changing could be automated though - that would solve a lot of problems.
By ace_of_dub Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:56 pm
EnochLight wrote:
Ton618 wrote:Thanks for the encouragement… :wink: But does anyone know how to change a plugin instrument preset in the same track but different clip in practice?

It's not possible, currently. Really wish preset changing could be automated though - that would solve a lot of problems.

+1 the MPC line has the exact same issue from sequence to sequence, you cannot change programs automatically, period. It works with external MIDI gear thanks to Program Changes, it doesn't work with internal synths on the Force OR the MPC. Period.
By Ton618 Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:24 pm
EnochLight wrote:

Totally agree. For production, when working on a single song it's not a big limit but when preparing a live set with multiple songs, it's quite boring since 8 is the maximum plugin tracks allowed and a single instrument/preset could be used for a single song only.
Allowing to change the preset on a single plugin instance should help to save system resources by keeping a more clear project structure...
I use the midi program change function on my AFX Station connected to the Force and it's great, the possibility to do the same for the internal instruments is a "must have" feature.
I think it's something that Akai should think seriously about for the next fw ...
By Koekepan Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:15 pm
I agree that it would be nice to have a single PC signal, but you could make lemonade of your lemons by having an inter-song transition stage where you progressively adapt all the patch parameters to their new values. Across something like an arpeggiated ostinato it could sound pretty wild.
By DuckonQuak Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:30 pm
This has been one of the most requested features since day one. Those of us in the Beta group ask for it constantly.

Here's you're workaround (for now). Transform your instrument into a Keytrack. Unlimited Keytracks means you can create as many instruments as the memory can handle.