Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By MPC-Tutor Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:13 pm
No, you'll have to treat the computer running the VST as if it were a hardware 'synth', so connect your computer's audio interface audio outputs into the Force's audio inputs, and connect your interface MIDI IN to the Force MIDI out. Should work fine, but I've not personally tested the autosampler on the Force.
By bobbye Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:52 pm
thanks alot mpc-tutor for the quick reply.

since you are the de-facto expert here on mpc,
I would like to ask you another question related to mpc vs force
as I'm trying to decide which to use, so I'm looking at the various
differences between them.

So far come up with the autosampler difference you pointed out, and also that there is
no pad perform on the force (screen showing the notes/chords you play in the various modes).

except these 2 and the whole workflow difference (ableton clips and arranger in force and sequences
in mpc), are there any other major differences between them.

Thank you very much
By MPC-Tutor Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:04 pm
The Force does have pad perform, it's called 'Notes' mode.

Lots of differences (too many to list), but they share many 'building blocks', although the implementation of those 'blocks' makes for two entirely different beasts with different purposes. The Force is definitely more geared to live performance IMO and is far superior when it comes to clip based workflow - clips on the MPC are an afterthought, just no comparison. I think you really have to watch as many videos as you can to see how people are using them, you'll soon get a feel for which one suits your needs.
By bobbye Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:06 pm
Thanks a lot mpc-tutor

I know force has the pad perform but it is w/o showing you
the notes or chords that are assigned to the pads (vs MPC that
has that) which is very important imho.

Already got tired of watching videos,
I’m definitely leaning towards the Force because of the Ableton like workflow,
just trying to understand what will I miss on the MPC.

Thanks again, great forum, should now check your sample packs.