Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By pitchblender Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:06 pm
Hello all, couldn’t find any info on using a stylus on the Force’s touch screen. I want fine control over automations and before I end up with more useless Chinese plastic I thought I’d ask here first.
I’ve seen that most ‘guaranteed to work on any touch screen’ styluses have either a fat end like a pencil end eraser or a point but with a ball/socket little clear disc on the end (presumably to mimic the fingertip) but I just want a point... I’m guessing that the £100 Apple Pencil is so special it won’t work on other, less self-important screens but a fat cheap one might do the job anyways Some also have a point and fat end but only guarantee the fat end will work if you read the descriptions.

Anyone using one already?

Cheers
By Ton618 Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:35 pm
I tried with a cheap 9€ Amazon passive stylus but it doesn't work so well... sometimes it works sometime not...
I 'm not sure if an active capacitive pencil would be better, I avoided an active pen to avoid the need of charging it.
It may be simply due to the poor quality of my pen but certainly it can't be taken for granted.
I suggest you, even if not a "golden" Apple stylus to go with something with a reasonable quality.
Be careful to the pencil point, it should be not too "fat" or the advantage to use it instead of the finger would be lost...
By Koekepan Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:12 pm
I just want to be able to plug in a USB mouse.

Then you could do whatever - USB wireless mouse, joystick or ergonomic equivalent, whatever.