Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Steve Pelle Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:57 pm
Hi Folks,
I'm trying to install the synth content for the new update and I'm running into some hurdles. When I boot the Force into Computer Mode I can see my usb and internal SSD but they are not writeable from my MBP Finder window. In order to get around that I copied the Synth folder to a USB stick and have inserted it into my Force which is now in standalone mode. From the Browser I can see my USB key with the Synth folder but I can not find a way to copy/paste the folder. If I hold shift I can see options to delete files but nowhere to copy paste. I have also had no luck using the copy/select/edit keys on the side of the pad matrix. Can anyone help?
By pitchblender Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:09 am
I just downloaded the synths and dragged the folder into the Force SSD no problem using a MBP 2012 High Sierra. The Force was in Computer Mode. I didn't want to use the SD-card as I don't want to risk getting errors when it's not in the slot so I can't help you there, although I'm 99% sure there isn't any way of copying/moving files around in standalone mode.
It might be your MacOS is more recent with more 'security' measures but seems a bit odd as transferring files is a feature of the Force's computer mode...
Try right-clicking on the SSD icon on the laptop desktop and selecting 'Get info'. It should tell you (in a long column) stuff about the drive, which might have read/write options on it. Something might be write-protected but it seems odd that an internal SSD in the Force won' file transfer...
Oh yeah, it might be a bad USB cable (you can't transfer files using ethernet RJ45 cable I don't think) so try another one?

Hope this helps. The new synths are great!

Cheers