Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Taloan Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:38 am
Hi folks,
connected the Roland MX-1, set it to 44.1.

It's recognized by the Force, but after some seconds the Force has an error, with .. Internal sound engine was restarted. Audio is set then to internal device.
Tried all 3 MX1-Modes (Int, Ext, Sur) but nothing helped.
So I did not manage to get any sounds out to the MX-1

Any hints?

Greets...
By Koekepan Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:07 pm
44.1KHz - what bitrate?

Also, I seem to remember (I don't have one) that the MX-1 isn't technically class compliant. Am I having a drug dream, or may that be a problem?
By pitchblender Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:05 pm
I tried it too, hoping to multitrack Boutiques but got the same error message, then realised Roland don't do Win/Mac Class Compliance for most of their products, never mind Linux... if they decided to update their firmwares across their range to Class Compliance for all I'm sure they'd increase sales considerably instead of creating this waste of time & effort trying to get stuff to work with non-Roland stuff.
By Koekepan Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:25 pm
Same here, more or less. I ended up just running my JP-08 with MIDI from the Force, and then piping the audio into my Portastudio. That works fine, of course.

The new update will let me pipe the JP-08 back into the Force for additional sound effects, and then back out into the Portastudio. What a world we live in!
By EnochLight Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:43 am
Taloan wrote:Hi folks,
connected the Roland MX-1, set it to 44.1.

It's recognized by the Force, but after some seconds the Force has an error, with .. Internal sound engine was restarted. Audio is set then to internal device.
Tried all 3 MX1-Modes (Int, Ext, Sur) but nothing helped.
So I did not manage to get any sounds out to the MX-1

Any hints?

Greets...

I have the Roland MX-1 as well. Unfortunately, it is not USB Class Compliant. Roland has no intention of updating the firmware to address this, so I'm afraid it's as good as a paperweight with Force. :(
By NordicBaron Tue May 24, 2022 7:01 pm
I've been experimenting with the force and mx1.
You can use thee usb b socket on mx1 to usb a on akai force.
It shows up in devices as
Mx1 midi 1
Mx1 midi 2

So dies that mean the force can send the through the mx1 midi ports or that the force can send midi to the MX1 mixer for things like automation..

I'd be interested to know what people can work out, but its definitely available as a device.

I did try other way, trying to use as soundcard from force usb b, and same result selects but resets to internal device, yes because its not class compliant.

But I'd love to know what can be done with it as a device.
I'm going to go through the mx1 manual and see what i can find.
By EnochLight Tue May 24, 2022 8:09 pm
NordicBaron wrote:I've been experimenting with the force and mx1.
You can use thee usb b socket on mx1 to usb a on akai force.
It shows up in devices as
Mx1 midi 1
Mx1 midi 2

So dies that mean the force can send the through the mx1 midi ports or that the force can send midi to the MX1 mixer for things like automation..

I'd be interested to know what people can work out, but its definitely available as a device.

I did try other way, trying to use as soundcard from force usb b, and same result selects but resets to internal device, yes because its not class compliant.

But I'd love to know what can be done with it as a device.
I'm going to go through the mx1 manual and see what i can find.

I'll chime in, as I use my MX-1 as my primary mixer for all of my hardware (including my Force going into inputs 1/2 on the MX-1). What I can confirm is that 1. no, you cannot use MX-1 as a USB audio interface with Force for the reasons already discussed, 2. sending MIDI via the 5-pin MIDI DIN port on Force to the MX-1 input does allow MX-1 to sync absolutely fine with Force, starting and stopping the MX-1's transport/pattern based effects (and thus start/stopping any Aira-connected gear via MX-1's USB ports). 3. I have been unsuccessful trying to record MX-1 automation via my Force in this manner.

I didn't try running my MX-1 USB-B port to one of my Force USB-A ports for MIDI control, since I was irritated that I can't use USB audio, but I do vaguely remember seeing what you describe above in my Force MIDI settings. I just never explored it past that. Might have to revisit.
By whoistherealjay Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:22 pm
Force works with mx-1 as audio interface with new firmware update 3.2.2!! confirmed it is working on force and mpc x.

Needs to be set to external and 44.1. you can get audio out of the mx1 either through main outs or through the digital port if it is set as an output. Digital was much cleaner. All the aria ports work with roland products just like with a pc except theyre all goin into the force. 18 in 18 out! Amazing!
By EnochLight Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:50 am
whoistherealjay wrote:Force works with mx-1 as audio interface with new firmware update 3.2.2!! confirmed it is working on force and mpc x.

Needs to be set to external and 44.1. you can get audio out of the mx1 either through main outs or through the digital port if it is set as an output. Digital was much cleaner. All the aria ports work with roland products just like with a pc except theyre all goin into the force. 18 in 18 out! Amazing!

Just PM'd you, but: I just tested this with both my MPC and my Force, and sure as shit - it now works!!! WOW. I'm literally blown away, as MX-1 isn't USB Class Compliant that I know of. Or maybe it is, and it's not documented by Roland. Either way, Akai got it to work now and I'm happy AF. Thanks for the heads up, man! :worthy:
By B-Wise Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:13 pm
EnochLight wrote:
whoistherealjay wrote:Force works with mx-1 as audio interface with new firmware update 3.2.2!! confirmed it is working on force and mpc x.

Just PM'd you, but: I just tested this with both my MPC and my Force, and sure as shit - it now works!!! WOW. I'm literally blown away, as MX-1 isn't USB Class Compliant that I know of. Or maybe it is, and it's not documented by Roland. Either way, Akai got it to work now and I'm happy AF. Thanks for the heads up, man! :worthy:

I got the TR8S 7 & the MC707 but wanted the MX-1 so like you :worthy: