Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By Moskwa96 Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:25 pm
I've found two major isuues.

1. WI-FI connection not available.
When you try to enable wifi in preferences menu , wifi switch becomes gray and window is freezed.

2. Master FX automation works only with empty projects.
If you load the project and try to automate Master output FX it doesn't record anything. The same problem with template projects , Master FX automation doesn't records.

Can anybody check both problems on your Force ?
By Koekepan Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:52 pm
Good news is I don't use/care about wifi.

But I thought that you'd found that the master automation thing was only older projects? What about reloading new projects?
By Moskwa96 Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:48 am
At the begining I supposed the problem was only with older files but today i made more tests and finally i've discovered that bug is with any loaded file. In my opinion other users should check this to make sure that isn't only isuue with my Force.

I suppose it isn't my gear malfunction but should be confirmed from other users. At the moment it looks like major bug.
By EnochLight Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:24 am
Moskwa96 wrote:I've found two major isuues.

1. WI-FI connection not available.
When you try to enable wifi in preferences menu , wifi switch becomes gray and window is freezed.

2. Master FX automation works only with empty projects.
If you load the project and try to automate Master output FX it doesn't record anything. The same problem with template projects , Master FX automation doesn't records.

Can anybody check both problems on your Force ?

1. This does not occur on my Force. WiFi works fine.
2. Master FX automation works fine for me on previous projects.

Did you do a preferences reset after you updated? Are you creating a Clip to actually record your Master FX automation to, arming the track, arming automation to write-mode?
By djclintoris Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:28 am
Akai Force 3.1.1 Bug Report. Updated, then...

3. Stopped mid-session on a bare bones template with an error message, dumped me to a reboot by memory and loaded two empty tracks after restart. Song not recovered. I should have saved it, but...

Reset all settings/preferences as recommended:

4. Demo screen opened, so I loaded one. On loading one of my saved tracks from internal storage it only loaded in the Matrix; the Demo was stuck on Launch. I had to power off.

I will dismiss the errors before 3.1.1 until they happen again. How do I post pictures wo an external acct?
By Moskwa96 Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:54 am
@EnochLight
Thanx for checking. It looks like my model strange malfuncion in case of wifi :(

About master fx automation i should be more precise. The bug occurs when you try to record master automation into arranger.

Could you re-check this case ? I mean recording song into arranger with master fx automation ? Below you got simple example project with one track , one loop and one fx on output 1/2.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LSi0M3 ... sp=sharing

i'll be appreciated if you could verify this problem on your Force model :)
By Mogeva Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:56 pm
I have the same problem. I can't record submix effects automation to my song in arranger mode.
Registered here to ask if AKAI or users have already any solution ?

Wifi works fine on mine.
By Pablo M. Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:00 pm
Hi
Bug: I have a VOCAL HARMONIZER fx loaded in a submix, when i load the project, appears a dialog box saying ' cannot be more than 1 instance of Vocal harmonizer in a project'
But i have no other instance of that fx....
By coffeesounds Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:44 pm
I have found one that can reproduce semi-reliably:

Force has a number of shortcuts, such as using shift+clip to access the program editor or long-press on the note button to bring up the layout configuration. Sometimes pressing shift+clip and then shift+note (because I keep forgetting to hold note) crashes the display system. The unit seems to be somewhat responsive, but eventually requires a reboot.
Happened to me in an empty project (with one drum program track) and a full session (10+ tracks).
By cassiecees Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:46 pm
Ok I got a big one.

My pad display lights gets stuck on whichever view I utilized first. So once I launch a clip in launch mode, switching to note mode does not change the lights. It does however still allow me to play notes, but the leds unchanged.

Reset project, everything looks fine. Tap in a drum sequence. Same thing, only now the lights are stuck displaying the pad maps on that drum track. Pressing launch or step sequencer, or selecting another track DOES change the function of the buttons (i can play notes or launch clips), but the pads are still displaying the initial 16 pad drum track light configuration.

Anyone else encounter this?
By Moskwa96 Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:27 pm
I've found a source of "record master channel automation" bug and have found a solution :)

The problem is in arranger mode when you load an older project. In this case "global automation record button" (eg. from roll down top-menu ) has wrong behavior . When you set the button to red state (write automation) only "tracks recordings" are activated but master channel or submixes automation recordings aren't activated . You can see their states in mixer screen.

Global automation button works fine when you starting from empty project. In this case button sets all tracks , mastertracks , submixes automation state to "write" and everything records fine.

The workaround solution is to ignore this malfuntioned global automation button and activate automation writing on each master or submix track manually in mixer screen. Drawback is that global automation button also doesn't disarm master or submixes when changed to green state (read automation). They stay in write mode until you change their state to green manually in mixer screen every channel one by one and this is upset.

When you forget to change back automation to green state you overwrite your automation on every knob or slider move ://
By darkinprg Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:21 am
Midi latency syncing issues.
When Force is master, syncing other gear, and that gears audio goes to external mixer, then Force internal plugins plays LATER then the gear it is syncing = out of sync.
When you send audio from that other gear to force soundcard (int or ext-usb, no change) it plays LATER then the internal instruments.
That means there is some audio latency introduced by Force OS causing sync with other gear out of sync, and when this signal is sampled into clip, even 16 step loop is not in synced to the original signal / internal plugins.
More on that here:
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=212490

I also had that issue with stuck wifi once, niot using wifi, only tested link syncin.
While after that pads got stuck in one view and dis not respond to press or change of layout.

Im returing my device, getting something "straight"... This is a dealbreaker for me :Sigh:
By misterflibble Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:42 pm
BUG
Force locks up when UNDOing process changes to a sample clip.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Load a sample into Sample Edit.

2. Slice the sample using REGIONS and any region count you like.

3. Select a slice.

4. Hit PROCESS and choose NORMALIZE or REVERSE (other functions may be impacted too - these are the only ones I tried).

5. Once the processing has completed, you will see the slice has been modified. Hit UNDO. Force locks up and cannot be recovered until a power-off is performed by holding down the power button to force shutdown.
By misterflibble Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:44 pm
BUG
When in SAMPLE EDIT and trying to process (i.e. normalize, reverse) a large-ish sample (~60MB) contained in RAM, the PROGRESS dialog hangs on "Loading audio data for [temporary file name].wav". The issue does not present itself when smaller samples are used, or when samples are configured to stream from disk instead of being held in RAM.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Load a large sample into the project

2. In MENU > PROJECT, configure the sample from #1 to be held in memory

3. Go to SAMPLE EDIT

4. Leaving the entire sample selected, hit PROCESS and select NORMALIZE or REVERSE (other processes may also be impacted, these were the only two I tested with)

5. During the processing operation, the PROGRESS dialog will now hang indefinitely with the message "Loading audio data for [temporary file name].wav".

6. Hit CANCEL. PROGRESS dialog will close. The waveform for the sample that was being processed is no longer visible, and instead a spinner shows on the waveform area.

7. Hit MENU and go to PROJECT. The sample now shows with a (-) icon and cannot be played back. The sample can be purged from the project.

If the same steps are followed but instead, in step #2 the sample is configured to be streamed from disk, the PROGRESS dialog no longer hangs and Force behaves normally.
By misterflibble Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:53 pm
BUG
On both MPC and Force, clicks and pops occur when recording from a variety of USB class-compliant interfaces. In some cases, depending on the class-compliant USB device, clicks and pops are also audible on playback of audio generated by the Akai device (i.e. Hype or other plugins) as well as external audio recorded into the device. In other cases, clicks and pops only occur and get written to the recorded waveform during recording, but playback of sounds generated internally by the Akai device (i.e. Hype or other plugins) plays back without the clicking and popping artifacts occuring.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Record audio using a class-compliant USB interface.

2. Observe artifacts in the recorded audio, which can be seen in the waveform as well as heard on playback.

For a complete list of devices with issues, please refer to the following forum posts for user-generated commentary on the issue. In the Akai Force post linked below, one user claims that lowering the bitrate to 16-bit and disabling auto-warp eliminated the clicking and popping in preliminary testing.

Akai Force: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=212452

Akai MPC: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=211654