Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By SnowMetal Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:46 am
Launch timing literally goes from 1/16, 1/8, 1/4 to 1 Bar. I literally ONLY use 1/2 in Ableton, lol, with resolution of 4-Bars and 8-Bars being generally worthless to almost anyone. Can I get 1/2-bar launch quantization, please? :)
By WildWIlD Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:22 am
Cocacool wrote:1. Change track order (so the creative process and the performing don’t interfere) move track 10 to order position 1 etc..

I've had my Force for about a year and a half, and while the copy paste work around is available, it sure would be nice to just rearrange them.

I also would love to be able to assign submix outputs to route to other submixes.
By Mpcisfun Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:28 pm
WildWIlD wrote:
Cocacool wrote:1. Change track order (so the creative process and the performing don’t interfere) move track 10 to order position 1 etc..

I've had my Force for about a year and a half, and while the copy paste work around is available, it sure would be nice to just rearrange them.

I also would love to be able to assign submix outputs to route to other submixes.

Yes something like Shift + Right will move the selected track one space to the right.
By thomekh Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:22 am
It will not happen but In future firmwares I would wish myself: (maybe first can be)
1 - Add visual equalizer like FabFilter Pro-Q.
2 - Support vst effects. Especially I really miss of NI Replika XT.
3 - Extend 8 to 10 tracks (maybe more). I don't like sampling everything from synths.
By Fess Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:55 pm
[email protected] wrote:please please please: time signatures;

I was thinking this might not ever happen on the Force. Time signatures could be exclusive to the latest MPCs- like track recording (disk streaming) is exclusive to the Force. If Force doesn't have time signatures yet maybe that was the plan all along...to reduce overlap of the features and create a need or want for both of 'em.
By dnkygirl Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:01 pm
1. Midi cc and pc support.
2. Fix the midi clock issues basic syncing to external gear get dicey and there is a noticeable timing difference.
3. Graphical eq screen with the ability to change the settings for the whole spectrum. Perform low cut , high cut, adjust the curves .
4. Provide a real problem reporting portal with real people managing it.
5. System exclusive does not work…. It only works on the record press function.
By Zae Zur Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:21 am
Explode tracks like on the MPC. Totally doable it seems, just have the script duplicate the tracks and apply pad mutes to the different sounds from each program
By Mpcisfun Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:01 pm
I’d like to see several Step Sequencer refinements such as:

1 - Autoscrolling of pages during play
2 - Ability to input chords per step
3 - Copying and pasting of steps in step sequencer

For now I’m doing all of my step sequencing with Circuit Tracks because the one on the Force is so lacking.
By NearTao Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:57 am
From using the Force a bit more... just a few things that I think would go a long way.

Interface Stuff
* A distinct Play/Play Start button... holding Shift and Play to play from current marker is fine, but easy to forget
* Transport buttons << and >> to move around a track would be handy
* A Loop button to turn looping on/off on the arranger
* Dedicated Erase button, so I can delete notes similar to the MPC while a clip is playing
* 16/32 q-links... it'd be really amazing to have 32 (but make the Force chunky), imagine having a DJ mixer style 1 knob for volume, and High/Med/Low EQ knobs per track...
* Out 1/2 and Out 3/4 Button... so you can quick route tracks to either output

Connectivity
* 2 more inputs, get us 4 inputs total... I could personally do without the combo jacks, 1/4" TRS would be okay for me... not sure how others feel, but could certainly free up the room on the back
* Stereo Aux send/return... sure you could do this with what we have today... but I can imagine some really fun things to do with a dedicated aux send setup and the cross fader
* 8 CV (even if you need splitter cables) to get alignment with the rest of the Akai product line
* 2 Midi In, and 2 (or 4?) Midi Out... this box in particular just screams wanting more midi output
* Faster Disk Drive bus... I've been finding that with recording so many clips (compared to the MPC) that the drive speed issues are really apparent here
* OP-1/SP404mk2 style USB class compliant audio/midi connectivity (ie the device can function as normal, but sends and receives audio/mid over USB while it is operating)

Functionality
* Audio overdub... yeah it can be messy, but it opens up a lot of workflows and use cases
* Looper improvements... need to be able to seamlessly move a loop to a clip (possible audio overdub fix?)
* Metadata tagging system... I will take the time to tag things... but using directories to simulate this sucks
* realtime audio/midi tuning/scale detection... we can kind of doing this offline now (some results may vary)... but something to let me know what key or scale I am in... or if I've gone bonkers and way outside of it would be appreciated
* realtime key transposition, the way the OP-Z does this is really great, would be interesting if this could be implemented on the Force... though I fear the audio clips makes this a non starter
* 16 audio tracks... heck if I had to split stereo tracks to two mono to do this... still would be worth it to have the option