Akai Force Forum: Everything relating to the Akai Force, the new 64 pad, clip-based standalone sampler/groovebox from Akai. While not an MPC, it shares many similar software features to the MPC X/MPC Live including the same underlying code-base.
By HouseWithoutMouse Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:35 pm
Step entry of MIDI notes and chords, with a separate step entry cursor. Maybe advance with a footswitch. I want to enter MIDI chords into a clip, and often they're two-hand chords I hold down. Currently the only way is to let the clip loop, and wait at least one full round per each chord, meaning that entering 8 bars takes 8 x 8 bars of time, minimum. If there's a step-recording feature hidden somewhere, I couldn't find it.
By vwkountz Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:00 am
The Force is a beast, but when the they make the new plugins available for the Force it will be incredible. When you think about the the midi controls and the macro controls the Force has! The 61 keys will not be able to touch the Force. I understand why the plugins are not available for the Force yet because of the extra coding, but when they do release it will be the difference between Clark Kent (MPC) and Super Man (Force). Unfortunately, it may may mean I would have to pay twice for the plugin. :evil: :evil: :fku:
By HouseWithoutMouse Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:24 pm
Pre-roll areas for clips, which start playing immediately when launching, before the clip's beat 1, from whichever point, how far ahead the clip was launched. This would enable not only anacrusis i.e. pickup bars, but also help in syncing scene/clip changes with other devices which require the launch command two beats in advance, like the Elektron thingies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3No4mOLvk0
By voonta Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:13 am
loului wrote:Please add the possibility to easy bounce a plugin track/clip into to a audio track/clip

Select the cilp in the matrix, press the SAVE button then select Clip as Audio.
By voonta Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:14 am
When using the Drum Track the clips should be associated with a Drum Bank (octave), either through a configuration option or by default.

Currently when changing clips the Drum Bank does not change, making it hard to use a single track for multiple Drum banks and patterns. Ideally if I select a clip and access the step sequencer it should open to the last edited state of that individual clip not to the global position.
By dnkygirl Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:01 am
vwkountz wrote:The Force is a beast, but when the they make the new plugins available for the Force it will be incredible. When you think about the the midi controls and the macro controls the Force has! The 61 keys will not be able to touch the Force. I understand why the plugins are not available for the Force yet because of the extra coding, but when they do release it will be the difference between Clark Kent (MPC) and Super Man (Force). Unfortunately, it may may mean I would have to pay twice for the plugin. :evil: :evil: :fku:

I honestly don't think this machine has the resources to run those sounds. Especially that fabric xl.. the sample set used is huge and is a big drag on the cpu. I'm currently looking for a better standalone keyboard with more dynamic sounds. I would never consider the keys 61 or buy those sounds if it were added to this machine. I think I would be disappointed and not be able to get my money back. I am going to stay with the folks who have been making workstations for decades.
By mrmarbury Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:24 am
dnkygirl wrote:I honestly don't think this machine has the resources to run those sounds.

I have those plugins available to buy for the MPC X at least. Dunno how well they would run though.
By voonta Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:13 pm
When using the step sequencer or a drum sequencer it would be great to be able to enter in different velocities directly. Currently if I want to adjust the velocity of a step, I need to select my new velocity, tap the step to deactivate it, then tap the step again to activate and apply the new velocity. It would be great if I could just automatically overwrite the existing step with the new velocity if it's already active.

When using the step sequencer for melodic notes, it would be great to be able to select a note and transpose it with an encoder. Either by selecting the note by holding both the select button and the note in the sequencer, or holding the note and transposing it. The transposition should follow the currently selected note type and scale.

When using the clip editor piano roll the out of scale notes should be darkened by default, and hidden or disabled via a configuration option.
By sonicsnares Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:44 am
Marten Meij wrote:For me to actually start using my Akai Force in a live situation, I need a very simple feature. A feature that my trusted MPC1000 already had, back in the days.

NEXT SCENE

I want my Force to understand the message "next scene".
And even better, the ability to automate "next scene". For example by telling a scene to loop a limited amount and then play next scene. This is a very common function on many different sequencers and controllers.

yeah ableton calls this feature "follow action" - I guess that's pretty simple to program fingers crossed it comes with the next update
By voonta Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:57 pm
The Drum Rack needs a mute mode. I can currently mute a track by holding the mute modifier and pressing the pad I want to mute, but it takes concentration to get it right. For example: the digitakt has this feature so I can easily change the parts of my drums on the fly.

Ideally if I held shift and press mute while in the Drum Rack view it would go into mute mode. The pads should not go into the mute mode state where they are all white if muted, the pads should retain their color but be dim if muted to make it easy to identify the clips, and off when the pad is empty.
By Cam10 Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:46 pm
I really hope we get the MPC Plugins on the Akai Force hopefully in time for a Black Friday sale price. Current prices are outrageous and I cannot see myself purchasing at the price. With the Force workflow more instruments will be powerful.